+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New thread for SHANGHAI VO for people that have they file transfer there recently

maxayma

May 11, 2020
I am in the same situation like many members reported recently however, I am in a different Visa Office. 2 days ago my App. went from "Application Received" to "In process". However, nothing has changed no additional line "We Start Processing......". My GCKey account still showing the same that eligibility is being reviewed (it was like that since I was able to link the app.). No medical request, they didn't start background check and my visa office have never corresponded with me.

I thought the change from "Application Received" to "In process" is a sign of Visa Office starting processing. Could that be only a glitch?!!

Nelson 1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2021
I am in the same situation like many members reported recently however, I am in a different Visa Office. 2 days ago my App. went from "Application Received" to "In process". However, nothing has changed no additional line "We Start Processing......". My GCKey account still showing the same that eligibility is being reviewed (it was like that since I was able to link the app.). No medical request, they didn't start background check and my visa office have never corresponded with me.

I thought the change from "Application Received" to "In process" is a sign of Visa Office starting processing. Could that be only a glitch?!!
When did you apply? What VO is file? It could be a glitch cause its not normal. How come your file was transferred without medical request? Have you been to Canada recently?

maxayma

May 11, 2020
When did you apply? What VO is file? It could be a glitch cause its not normal. How come your file was transferred without medical request? Have you been to Canada recently?
May 2020
Cairo office
And I saw many files recently sent to Visa Offices without medical. As in this case the visa office will request medical when they start processing. Other visa offices are requesting medical at the end of the process. Post Covid processing doesn't follow the order it used to be before. Anyway medical is not a concern here as also this is the normal in Cairo. My concern is why I am not getting the line about they have finally started processing.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I repeat what I've said many times: all of these interpretations of what changes in status and specific text 'means' are people here guessing / reading the tea leaves. It may or may not be accurate particularly with covid changes.

The absence of a particular message may or may not mean what you're thinking, and (in my view) not worth overthinking. Changes of status mean something happened, and that generally means some forward progress.

I don't blame anyone for trying to figure it out or wondering what it means, but oftentimes may just be wrong info.