+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New thread for SHANGHAI VO for people that have they file transfer there recently

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Hello guys,

I am PA from Pakistan,

• Application Date Received: February 24, 2020
  • Processing started: March 9, 2020
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: September 24, 2020
  • Review of medical results - October 6, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

No update after that. then my wife called local MP office and they took over on over file, we are expecting a baby in April. so my wife send doctor's note to MP office and they contacted IRCC, after there calling IRCC we got a call from MP office and they told us YOUR FILE IS TRANSFERED TO SHANGHAI VO for fast processing.
and i saw through online service (not through GCkey), its changed to Application Received, but nothing in online login account
Today i called Client support and agent said its been transferred a week ago from Canada to SHANGHAI VO for further process.

mine eligibility and background check remaining i think.

is that true they are processing fast?
can somebody tell me how much time it will take roughly and we are expecting a baby, is this not the proof of genuine relationship, i mean in eligibilty still they would need proof or what. please guide me.
I'm March 2020 they tell me the same thing that my file is transfering to Shanghai vo because they have available agents there to work on our file,
Sorry to say my file is in receive mode at that office over a month now, with no updates, seem like all China vo office is giving little are no updates

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Programmable

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
The VFS office is visa application centre, not visa office. The visa offices are offices of the Canadian government, VFS is a private company that provides related services (biometrics collection, etc).
So if I was told that my application has been transferred to Shanghai Visa office pending my wife's background check and eligibility, is it the Canadian Government Visa office or VFS processing it in Shanghai?

Programmable

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
I believe when they said visa office, they meant visa office.
Thanks! Would you have any idea how long on average the Shanghai office takes to process Background + Eligibility for Principle Applicant? Biometrics and Medicals have already been submitted and acknowledged.

Mossef

Feb 22, 2021
if the file got transfer to shanghai VO according to IRCC call centre, but when emaling them they said any question regading to application processing you have to contact London VO, shanghai VO is administrative support on this application ? what does administrative support on this application mean please ?

Reactions: Gadshe09

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Just waiting on the year mark to start flood Shanghai vo with email about my file, after the year mark webform and email on a weekly basis gcms note on a monthly basis until I see movement with my application not staying silent after the year mark

• Haha
Reactions: Phalos

Gadshe09

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
if the file got transfer to shanghai VO according to IRCC call centre, but when emaling them they said any question regading to application processing you have to contact London VO, shanghai VO is administrative support on this application ? what does administrative support on this application mean please ?
I had a similar conversation with IRCC today. My PA local visa office is Lebanon and according to my sponsor approval letter back in October 2020 our file was being sent to Lebanon but then I was told it was going to Beijing China and then I was told it’s again going to Lebanon. So when I called IRCC today I was told that my paper application is in Beijing but my file is technically in Lebanon so from what I was told Lebanon is primary and Beijing is secondary and this it help process applications faster. In terms of sending documents I was told it should be sent to Lebanon as they are the primary visa office for me and that they will make the final decision. I don’t know how much truth there is to this as the agent I spoke to is limited in what she could see and IRCC agents seem to always change their storys

Gadshe09

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
I had a similar conversation with IRCC today. My PA local visa office is Lebanon and according to my sponsor approval letter back in October 2020 our file was being sent to Lebanon but then I was told it was going to Beijing China and then I was told it’s again going to Lebanon. So when I called IRCC today I was told that my paper application is in Beijing but my file is technically in Lebanon so from what I was told Lebanon is primary and Beijing is secondary and this it help process applications faster. In terms of sending documents I was told it should be sent to Lebanon as they are the primary visa office for me and that they will make the final decision. I don’t know how much truth there is to this as the agent I spoke to is limited in what she could see and IRCC agents seem to always change their storys
Basically what this means is that London visa office has the final decision for you application and Shanghai is just helping out.