+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

samzik

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Hello please I have a question to ask and I believe you can help me with it.

I reside in the UAE and my wife is a Canadian citizen.
We have already submitted our application on the May 1,2020 but haven't received AOR yet.

During the submission, we submitted police clearance certificate from just the UAE and didn't added the Ghana police clearance certificate..

So later I figured that we were supposed to add that to it as well but we had already submitted.

Guys please do you think my application will be rejected and send back to us or they may request for it later on.??

Thanks
Get

Try calling them @ 1 888 242 2100

Oyibo Pepper

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Due to the prevailing covid situation, IRCC states that if you cannot provide a police clearance certificate, your application will be retained in the system and you'd be given 90 days to submit the document.

In my case, we submitted our documents in March where we wrote a letter of explanation detailing why we couldn't attach the second police certificate with receipts to show that the process was already ongoing before covid shut things down.

Nonetheless, IRCC is not penalising anyone at the moment for not being able to produce a PCC and understandably so.

calebyeboah

Oct 5, 2019
Due to the prevailing covid situation, IRCC states that if you cannot provide a police clearance certificate, your application will be retained in the system and you'd be given 90 days to submit the document.

In my case, we submitted our documents in March where we wrote a letter of explanation detailing why we couldn't attach the second police certificate with receipts to show that the process was already ongoing before covid shut things down.

Nonetheless, IRCC is not penalising anyone at the moment for not being able to produce a PCC and understandably so.
Have you gotten AOR 1 yet?

calebyeboah

Oct 5, 2019
No, I haven't.
Oh okay
In my case I didn’t wrote the letter of explanation. I actually thought I am only to submit PCC from only my current country of resident that is UAE so I submitted so after I submitted I realized that am supposed to add Ghana PCC as well. I have applied for the Ghana PCC and is ready now with me. But I don’t know how I can add it to the application now since I have already sent the package. So am just hoping IRCC May request it so that I can send to them. .. or do you know any means I can sent it to them?

Oyibo Pepper

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Oh okay
In my case I didn’t wrote the letter of explanation. I actually thought I am only to submit PCC from only my current country of resident that is UAE so I submitted so after I submitted I realized that am supposed to add Ghana PCC as well. I have applied for the Ghana PCC and is ready now with me. But I don’t know how I can add it to the application now since I have already sent the package. So am just hoping IRCC May request it so that I can send to them. .. or do you know any means I can sent it to them?
I'm sure they will request for it.
You can send it to them after you have gotten AOR 1 and linked your account.
There's a provision for that.