+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW Thread for ACCRA Visa Office - Spousal Sponsorship Stream

TokunboU

Oct 20, 2022
Some good news from the Accra visa office, we have received our passport request letter. I'd like to encourage those still waiting, that they don't give up hope. Your good news is just around the corner
This is great news! Do you mind sharing your application timeline with us? And how often you emailed the Accra office/sent webforms?

We applied for supervisa for my Mum in March 2021 via GCKey, still waiting. Reapplied in September 2022 via new IRCC portal, still waiting. I raised a web form last week.

PitObi23

Jul 28, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
This is great news! Do you mind sharing your application timeline with us? And how often you emailed the Accra office/sent webforms?

We applied for supervisa for my Mum in March 2021 via GCKey, still waiting. Reapplied in September 2022 via new IRCC portal, still waiting. I raised a web form last week.
Dec 15 Application mailed to CPC - Sydney
Dec 21 Application received @ CPC - Sydney
May 12 Sponsorship requirements met
May 12 Application sent to AVO
May 16 AOR received. Application linked to GC key
May 19 Biometrics requested
May 24 Medicals requested
May 25 Biometrics done
May 30 Medicals done
June 7 Medicals passed
Oct 18 Eligibility updated to: in progress
Nov 22 ADR
Nov 23 ADR sent
Nov 24 ADR received
Nov 28 Eligibility and background check completed
Nov 29 Pre-arrival letter rec'd
Dec 21 ADR2
Dec 23 ADR2 sent via Vfs
Jan 17 ADR2 received
Feb 3 PPR

We sent a webform in March 2022 when we hadn't received our AOR, and they just told us the application is within the normal processing time.

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Is there a problem with doing the medical and biometrics before the application is filed?
I am a PR in Quebec applying for a spousal sponsorship from Nigeria.

Dan90’s

May 2, 2018
Application received: May 5, 2022
Sponsor Approval: August 16, 2022
Biometrics received : August 16, 2022
Biometrics completed: August 19, 2022
Medical request: Oct 3 2022
Medical completed : Oct 21, 2022
ADR: Proof of contact & funds: Jan 5, 2023
ADR Received: Jan 18, 2023
Eligibility completed: Feb 14, 2023
Background check completed: Feb 14, 2023
Pre-arrival mail : Feb 15, 2023
COPR in tracker: Feb 16, 2023
PPR mail: Feb 17, 2023

[I’m not too sure if its PPR as it came as an ADR request letter but there are instructions to send passport. Can anyone give advice if this is ppr?]. And how can I send passport and other documents directly to either Accra or Kenya rather than going through VFS Lagos or Abuja as I heard they can be slow. I'll probably have to send it to Accra if I'm doing it directly to them cuz my VO is in Accra. I'd appreciate any pointers pls. Thanks!

PitObi23

Jul 28, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
I'm excited to share that we have picked up our visa stamped passport from Vfs. Our interaction with Accra visa office has finally come to an end. I want to encourage everyone still waiting for Accra VO and wish speedy resolution to your applications.

• Love
Reactions: Imari

Imari

Star Member
Sep 24, 2021
I'm excited to share that we have picked up our visa stamped passport from Vfs. Our interaction with Accra visa office has finally come to an end. I want to encourage everyone still waiting for Accra VO and wish speedy resolution to your applications.
Did you drop off in person in Accra or send it to dhl
How long take to process

PitObi23

Jul 28, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
Did you drop off in person in Accra or send it to dhl
How long take to process
We dropped off at Vfs Lagos and picked up from there. It was surprisingly fast:
Feb 3 passport dropped off
Feb 13 counterfoil generated
Feb 21 Picked up from Vfs

Overall, it was under 3 weeks from drop-off to pickup.

bnursing3

Mar 22, 2023
Spousal Sponsorship Timeline (Outland, Paper, August 2022)

Application Submitted: August 6, 2022

Acknowledgement of Receipt Received: August 10, 2022
Police Certificate Requested: October 28, 2022
Biometrics Requested: November 16, 2022
Sponsor Approval Received: November 17, 2022
Biometrics Completed: November 21, 2022
Biometrics Passed: November 21, 2022
Police Certificate Completed: December 28, 2022
Medical Exam Requested: January 9, 2022
Police Certificate Received: January 13, 2023
Additional Information Reviewed: January 16, 2022
Medical Exam Completed: January 24, 2022
Medical Exam Passed: January 26, 2022

Background Check: “we are processing your background check”

Approximately, how long does it take for the background check to be completed?

P.S. I already emailed IRCC (Ghana-Accra) today and I'm waiting on a response.

Reactions: Charbk and Bel124

Toyindesire

Jan 13, 2023
My husband apply for a permanent residence which I and the kids were included in Feb 2021, application was received in September 2021. June 6, I received a letter from ircc that I should go ahead to pay for the biometric fee, which I did.

My husband received his own PR in August. I received a mail for additional documents in September 2022, since then, I'm yet to receive any info. Till date, I haven't received biometric instruction letter.

Please help out

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
My acquaintance was asked to produce his Basis of Claim (BOC). in order to keep processing his wife's application.

Unfortunately, he was unable to locate it, so he requested a copy from the Refugee Board.

The IRB stated that it would take at least three weeks to provide it. The IRCC Accra, on the other hand, simply gave her 15 days to deliver the papers.

Can she get an extension from the Accra office?

Will they agree to it?

I know how terrible the IRCC Accra office is.

Candilac

Aug 1, 2023
Please can anyone help with what the VO Accra typically requests in terms of ADR, please my hubby's app transfer to Accra thanks

PitObi23

Jul 28, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
Please can anyone help with what the VO Accra typically requests in terms of ADR, please my hubby's app transfer to Accra thanks
It depends on your application. The ADR could be for any thing the VO requires clarification on. In our case, the first ADR was for more pictures, and the second ADR was for a new police clearance.

Reactions: Candilac

Mosule

Aug 6, 2023
Hello ,
Please I need help,how do I lift a 5 years ban of misrepresentation? I gave an unprofessional agent my application for a study permit and that of my husband a work permit,he requested for our bank statement which we gave him but I think he altered it ..note this is without our knowledge although I have read the immigration officer holds us responsible for any documents submitted.please is there a possibility to appeal because the pfl he submitted wasn't sufficient enough,he only submitted an updated account statement without a proper explanation and also he dint show any of this to us ..we are still unaware of all that he submitted because he's not releasing our login information.