+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Temporary Foreign Worker Program

pckonek

Jan 10, 2012
mims2000 said:
my friend is a cook and earns $17 per hour, so he is below median wage?

thanks
Check you province..
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/reform/restrict.shtml

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
mims2000 said:
my friend is a cook and earns $17 per hour, so he is below median wage?

thanks
Check mo magkano median sa province nyo...

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
ben apolo said:
Candadavisa13 @ ,

Hi, still cunfuse.

Pls. check.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/reform/restrict.shtml

"Reducing the Length of Time a Temporary Foreign Worker can Work in Canada"

To ensure foreign workers are coming in on a truly temporary basis and that the program is used as a last and limited resort, and to encourage employers to make even greater efforts to hire and train Canadian workers before seeking temporary foreign workers, the Government will reduce how long a temporary foreign worker in the low-wage stream can work in Canada. This measure will not apply to temporary foreign workers currently in Canada on valid work permits."

Are we affected by this new changes as stated above that, this measure will not apply to temporary foreign workers currently in Canada on valid work permits. Just arrived 4 months ago.

God Bless.
The way i understand it all TWF that are already in Canada can stay until the validity of their work permit. Once your work permit expires you will need the LMIA for you to extend your WP and this is the new rules will apply to all those who will apply for LMIA starting the day it was announced irregardless of whether TWF is in Canada or not. All new application for WP now will need the LMIA. And WP now will only be valid 1 year and TWF will ne allowed to stay up to 2 years. If you are still confuse i suggest to consult an immigration lawyer as they have a better interpretation of this new rules.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
ben apolo said:
mylady833 @ ,

Thanks for the response.
Confusing because on this thread a lot of discussion has been said about the length of years to worked.

Yes, I will consult an immigration lawyer not only about TFWP.
Also about AINP. Hazz, its getting tight now for us TFW.
I did not see any advantages for TFW us of now.

Thanks mylady833.

God Bless.
Your welcome and goodluck !

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
ben apolo said:
mylady833 @ ,

Thanks for the response.
Confusing because on this thread a lot of discussion has been said about the length of years to worked.

Yes, I will consult an immigration lawyer not only about TFWP.
Also about AINP. Hazz, its getting tight now for us TFW.
I did not see any advantages for TFW us of now.

Thanks mylady833.

God Bless.

you are exactly correct hundred percent......even the moratorium was lifted that's not favor for temporary foreign workers......

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about LMOs that were received but not yet processed when the moratorium was invoked? Would they be completed according to the rules in effect on the date of submission?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
fastfood said:
What about LMOs that were received but not yet processed when the moratorium was invoked? Would they be completed according to the rules in effect on the date of submission?

Here is the answer to your question :

Processing instructions

ESDC has completed their review of the Food Services Sector and has re-confirmed the majority of the suspended LMIAs. Work permit applications should be returned to the processing queue in accordance with their date of receipt. CIC officers are asked to ensure that these cases do not face any unreasonable delays now that the suspension has been lifted.

To check that the LMIA has been re-confirmed, refresh the HRSDC View Tab in GCMS:

If the LMIA suspension was lifted, the Decision and HRSDC Comments fields will show “RECONFIRM – DATE - This LMIA has been reconfirmed and may be processed as per normal procedures.” The processing of the work permit application can then continue as normal.
If ESDC has not yet completed their review of the specific LMIA, the Decision or HRSDC Comments fields will continue to show ‘Suspended’. Place the work permit application on hold for another 60 days pending further review by ESDC.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much mylady. My employer applied lmo for me in Jan. It was for Fast food industry. The decision was pending before the moratorium was impose. I was just wondering if ESDC would still consider the previous lmo application or my employer has to apply a new application again.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
fastfood said:
Thank you so much mylady. My employer applied lmo for me in Jan. It was for Fast food industry. The decision was pending before the moratorium was impose. I was just wondering if ESDC would still consider the previous lmo application or my employer has to apply a new application again.
If i am not mistaken when the moratorium was imposed all the pending LMO application was suspended and returned ( i am not really sure of this i think i read it somewhere about returning the LMO application and refund for the fee) What i can suggest is your employer can follow up the pending LMO application so your employer can have a clear idea if a new LMIA application is needed.

prasanth remesh

Oct 16, 2013
am working as a cook(12.60) in calgary, my work permit will expire in 6 months. is it mandatory for my employer to give me the median wage (24$) to me from now?. if not will my hourly wage change when i apply for extension of LIMA(lmo) after 6 months?.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
prasanth remesh said:
am working as a cook(12.60) in calgary, my work permit will expire in 6 months. is it mandatory for my employer to give me the median wage (24$) to me from now?. if not will my hourly wage change when i apply for extension of LIMA(lmo) after 6 months?.
No, you can still be paid a low wage. It just means that you will be classed as a low-wage job and subject to the low-wage restrictions.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Vincentlouise said:
To check that the LMIA has been re-confirmed, refresh the HRSDC View Tab in GCMS:

how to check your LMIA? :D
Those are not instructions to you. They are for the CIC/CBSA people.