01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
fastfood said:
Thank you so much mylady. My employer applied lmo for me in Jan. It was for Fast food industry. The decision was pending before the moratorium was impose. I was just wondering if ESDC would still consider the previous lmo application or my employer has to apply a new application again.
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
How about those who have approved lmo last april 2014 but they wait the ban to be lift to apply for work permit.?are we affected ?

amol

Jun 17, 2013
hi guys,
I have a question. I got 2 years of work permit which is expiring in 2016. but after that can i extend it ? as per new rules now they are issuing 1 year work permit + 1 year extension. so will i be able to extend it for 1 more year?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. Yes i found out from my employer that she was refunded the lmo fee and now has to start all over again :(

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
iammikeywithy said:
How about those who have approved lmo last april 2014 but they wait the ban to be lift to apply for work permit.?are we affected ?
If it was already approved you can still use it to apply for your work permit.

asdmhee

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
I have some questions:

My story goes like this,

I came to Canada last September 2012, my working permit is valid only until December 2013 because my passport is valid only until December 2013. I renewed my passport April 2013, so I can extend my working permit. Come December 2013 upon renewal of my working permit, it was refused because of invalid LMO. I 're apply my permit and it was approved from kitchen helper to cook. However, it was only valid until September 2014.

My questions are:

Is it possible to renew working permit from kitchen helper to cook if the same LMO number that was applied in renewal of working permit?

How come that it was only valid until September 2014?

Is it possible that the CiC had this mistake or my employer?

By the way my current working permit was approved last February 2014

Thank you

dalma11

Star Member
May 26, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27/08/2014
Doc's Request.
05/11/2015
Nomination.....
06/11/2015
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
Inland
canadavisa13 said:
Hi,

people under high wage category are most likely those with NOC A and 0 which has no limit for how long a TFW can work in canada as long as they can find an employer willing to get an LMIA for them.
I just talk with Service Canada by phone and they said that exempt :.
•TFWs in managerial (NOC 0) or professional occupations (NOC A).
•TFWs who have applied for permanent residence and received: ◦a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) if applying as a Quebec Skilled Worker;
◦a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) certificate if applying as a provincial nominee;
◦an approval in principle letter if applying under the Live-in Caregiver Class;
◦a positive selection decision if applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Class; or
◦a positive selection decision if applying under the Canadian Experience Class.

•TFWs who are employed in Canada under an international agreement, such as NAFTA, the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program, or another agreement.
•TFWs who are exempt from the Labour Market Opinion process, including: ◦Spouses and common-law partners of international graduates participating in the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program and highly-skilled TFWs;
◦Charitable or religious workers;
◦Entrepreneurs, intra-company transferees, researchers and academics;
◦Others for purposes of self-support (refugee claimants) or humanitarian reasons (destitute students, holders of Temporary Resident Permits valid for at least six months)

all other TFW are subjects of 4 years cap starting within April 2011

logxy

Jun 25, 2014
dalma11 said:
I just talk with Service Canada by phone and they said that exempt :.
•TFWs in managerial (NOC 0) or professional occupations (NOC A).
•TFWs who have applied for permanent residence and received: ◦a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) if applying as a Quebec Skilled Worker;
◦a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) certificate if applying as a provincial nominee;
◦an approval in principle letter if applying under the Live-in Caregiver Class;
◦a positive selection decision if applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Class; or
◦a positive selection decision if applying under the Canadian Experience Class.

•TFWs who are employed in Canada under an international agreement, such as NAFTA, the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program, or another agreement.
•TFWs who are exempt from the Labour Market Opinion process, including: ◦Spouses and common-law partners of international graduates participating in the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program and highly-skilled TFWs;
◦Charitable or religious workers;
◦Entrepreneurs, intra-company transferees, researchers and academics;
◦Others for purposes of self-support (refugee claimants) or humanitarian reasons (destitute students, holders of Temporary Resident Permits valid for at least six months)

all other TFW are subjects of 4 years cap starting within April 2011

of coz it's 4-year. The only matter we care is that whether the latest policy change reduces the limit to 2-year for high-wage earners

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
I have just found that from july 11th they decided to limit duration of stay starting from summer 2014 (before it was 2015 summer). Which is NOW...
I cant insert the link, but just google it...

Doest it mean if I have my wp expiring next year 02-2015 and it is my 2nd year in Canada , I will have to pack bags? :((
very very sad news. Im waiting for nomination but have doubts it will be issued till that time...

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
mylady833 said:
Here is the answer to your question :

Processing instructions

ESDC has completed their review of the Food Services Sector and has re-confirmed the majority of the suspended LMIAs. Work permit applications should be returned to the processing queue in accordance with their date of receipt. CIC officers are asked to ensure that these cases do not face any unreasonable delays now that the suspension has been lifted.

To check that the LMIA has been re-confirmed, refresh the HRSDC View Tab in GCMS:

If the LMIA suspension was lifted, the Decision and HRSDC Comments fields will show “RECONFIRM – DATE - This LMIA has been reconfirmed and may be processed as per normal procedures.” The processing of the work permit application can then continue as normal.
If ESDC has not yet completed their review of the specific LMIA, the Decision or HRSDC Comments fields will continue to show ‘Suspended'. Place the work permit application on hold for another 60 days pending further review by ESDC.

After I read this all I thought was 60 days!!! OMG. That's awful for people who've already been waiting for months.