+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New study permit

shanthi_123

Nov 16, 2022
I got my visa for jan intake but my admission got cancelled due to plagarism.can i apply for other college or university (different course)and change DLI in my current study permit or do i need to apply for new study permit.if it is new study permit i will clearly explain in the sop why it happened..will they give me visa or is there any chance of rejection as i violated university policy

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
You need to apply for a new SP. You can change the DLI for your original permit only after having studied for at least one term at the original DLI.

Just out of curiosity, what did you do to get your admission cancelled and how did the university found out?

shanthi_123

Nov 16, 2022
I have shared sample answer to my friend to verify the pattern my bad luck got same question other person started writing same idea...exam proctor find out this during exam.so will i get visa is there chance of rejection for this violation

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I have shared sample answer to my friend to verify the pattern my bad luck got same question other person started writing same idea...exam proctor find out this during exam.so will i get visa is there chance of rejection for this violation
Not sure if this will have an impact on your application. Best thing is to come clean (maybe explain it strategically) because if you fail to mention it and IRCC finds out, that could have a negative impact.