+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New student visa remain in canada or cross the border?

krissstii

Nov 25, 2015
Hey!

I got my student visa approved on CIC web site, message says:

Dear

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. a secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made you application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks contact CIC.

This letter is not valid for travel and is not permit allowing you to remain in Canada.

Sincerely,
CIC

1.) Am I able to start school before I get papers that have been send to me in mail?

2.) Do I have to go cross a border, do a flag pole? I've been on a work permit before study permit and have not left Canada.

Thank you.

loomingtiger

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 12, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30,2015
congratulations. As is understand to the letter from CIC, your study permit is mailed to you. so no need to cross border. What is your timeline? did you apply online?

krissstii

Nov 25, 2015
Thank you,

My current visa already expired and I can either start first course November 30th or January 6th. What is the right thing to do?

And yes I did apply online.

loomingtiger

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 12, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30,2015
Kelan ka nag apply at gano katagal ang processing time?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
1.) Am I able to start school before I get papers that have been send to me in mail?
If this is the first time ur college/university will ask u for study permit before they let u register.

2.) Do I have to go cross a border, do a flag pole? I've been on a work permit before study permit and have not left Canada.
well depends what u get in mail if u get LOI(letter of introduction) there u have to go to POE/border to get ur study permit i guess but if u get study permit directly then no need to go anywhere. I may be wrong

kndrd1903

Nov 26, 2015
The college/university will not be able to resister you for the course until and unless you receive your papers, but if you provide a copy of this email to the college/university they can cross-check the document and if everything is fine they will let you register and ask for the document within the span of document arrival mentioned in the mail.

As of now you do not need flag pole to get the permit, it should always be the last resort.