+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new strategy for immigration

sedelman93

Feb 25, 2014
Hi, I'm Suzanne, I'm Canadian and my husband's Portuguese. We were both raised in Portugal and that's where we live now. We want to live in Canada and start our own business.
Our strategy is for me to go to Canada as a resident (I wouldn't have problems with that would I?) and I'd would come as a tourist for as long as they'd let him stay, just because a don't wanna go without him. I would start our business in my name, as if he's not even there and when everything was up and running I'd make him my business partner, making him eligible for at least a work visa.
You think this would work?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sedelman93 said:
Hi, I'm Suzanne, I'm Canadian and my husband's Portuguese. We were both raised in Portugal and that's where we live now. We want to live in Canada and start our own business.
Our strategy is for me to go to Canada as a resident (I wouldn't have problems with that would I?) and I'd would come as a tourist for as long as they'd let him stay, just because a don't wanna go without him. I would start our business in my name, as if he's not even there and when everything was up and running I'd make him my business partner, making him eligible for at least a work visa.
You think this would work?
1. Probably not, new business, no employers, is not going to get an approved LMO for your spouse.
2. As a Canadian residing abroad, you can sponsor your spouse for permanent residence. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
3. You have to include a plan as what you intend to do in Canada regarding accommodation/work/schooling if your spouse is issued a PR visa.
4. Processing time is 29 days Mississauga, and about 9 months in Paris for 80% of spousal applications

sedelman93

Feb 25, 2014
Ok so we're really gonna have to go the sponsorship route, right? We were hoping there would be a faster way to do it because we're kinda desperate to leave....

sedelman93

Feb 25, 2014
Yea I've read about that, but we're only 20 and 24 years old and we married last November, so only about 3 months. Will they believe our relationship is real?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, why not? if you can prove that you know each other for some time, that you had a wedding with your parents and friends presented, have some assets together, lease agreement for two of you and so on. Write CIC a letter with your story, show pictures.. and so on.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
sedelman93 said:
Yea I've read about that, but we're only 20 and 24 years old and we married last November, so only about 3 months. Will they believe our relationship is real?
Well since you were raised in Portugal, the chances of you finding a spouse that was portugese rather than Canadian was pretty high..... They generally doubt marriages where one partner has travellled to a different country and married someone out of the blue