+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New SIN update to CRA

lemonwater2l

Star Member
Jan 25, 2024
Category........
CEC
Hello folks,
I recently got PR in April 2024 and new SIN from Service Canada in-person this Monday.
I tried to update my new SIN (I used to be Pgwp worker) in CRA but I‘m still able to log in my account with previous SIN and not able to register new account with new SIN. Keep showing up Error code 045. Anyone in the same situation and suggestion what to do in this case?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello folks,
I recently got PR in April 2024 and new SIN from Service Canada in-person this Monday.
I tried to update my new SIN (I used to be Pgwp worker) in CRA but I‘m still able to log in my account with previous SIN and not able to register new account with new SIN. Keep showing up Error code 045. Anyone in the same situation and suggestion what to do in this case?
This is obviously busiest time of year but I'd actually just suggest calling CRA - they are actually quite helpful. Wait times just might be a bit long during tax filing season.

Reactions: lemonwater2l

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello folks,
They need to update your master file . Delete the old one , add the new one

Reactions: lemonwater2l