+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New schedule A background/declaration

Aug 2, 2017
Hello

I need help with the new schedule A form that needs validation. It is for my wife. All the information we have is entered but she does not have her parents' date of birth and her parents passed away a decade ago. So she does not remember any of her parents' birth date. Now when we filled up the form, it seems that we need to have some date of birth to validate the schedule A. And in the our previous form, we wrote "unknown" to her parents' date of birth(additional information form ), but in this new schedule A we can't do it. It needs some date of birth to validate. Please help us if any of you have encountered same problem. I use start sign, but no working.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hello

I need help with the new schedule A form that needs validation. It is for my wife. All the information we have is entered but she does not have her parents' date of birth and her parents passed away a decade ago. So she does not remember any of her parents' birth date. Now when we filled up the form, it seems that we need to have some date of birth to validate the schedule A. And in the our previous form, we wrote "unknown" to her parents' date of birth(additional information form ), but in this new schedule A we can't do it. It needs some date of birth to validate. Please help us if any of you have encountered same problem. I use start sign, but no working.
Try putting **** as the dates of birth

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I did, but it does not work.
My spouse did not know the date his father died so we put in an approximate date to validate the form and then added a note once we printed the form explaining the reason for that date We had no problem

Aug 2, 2017
Thanks. I was thinking about the same. But in your additional information form, which we are supposed to submit at the beginning, I wrote unknown to her parents' date of birth. Can I know what did you do?
Thanks a ton.

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Thanks. I was thinking about the same. But in your additional information form, which we are supposed to submit at the beginning, I wrote unknown to her parents' date of birth. Can I know what did you do?
Thanks a ton.
I got the following information directly from the cic.gc.ca website guideline.

Filling out the forms
You must fill out all sections, unless instructed otherwise. If a section doesn’t apply to you, you must write “Not applicable” or “N/A”. If you need more space for any section, use a blank page to finish answering the question.

• If you don’t know a complete date of birth, use “*” (star sign/asterisk) to fill in the spaces for the year, month or day that you don’t know.
  • If you don’t have a family name on your passport or travel document, enter all given names in the family name field and leave the given name field empty.
  • If you don’t have a given name on your passport or travel document, leave the given name field blank.

So I suggest you write ****/**/** (yyyy/mm/dd)

This is the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp

Aug 2, 2017
Hey
I did that, but it shows java script does not allow. I think there is wrong with their application. They won't respond to my questions. I am waiting for their reply.

Reactions: CdnandTrini

dhvanixox

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Hey
I did that, but it shows java script does not allow. I think there is wrong with their application. They won't respond to my questions. I am waiting for their reply.
try using an earlier version of adobe acrobat reader. I did all our initial forms with 11.0.10 version because we were having trouble with validating our forms. may be that might work

Reactions: CdnandTrini

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hey
Put a random date. Validate and print as normal then once printed use "white out" to input ** or the word unknown or whatever in its place. Then include an explanation on a separate sheet of paper.

Reactions: Galano1213
Aug 2, 2017
But I am supposed to submit it via online. So I can't really do that. As soon as I validate it, I save the form and upload it via online. I tried the older adobe version, but it won't open. I am thinking of entering some random dates and validated it. After validation, I thought to submit it with an explanation. What do you guys think?

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Couldn't you validate it, print it, amend date with white out and then scan back into your computer..then upload?

trinirock

Star Member
May 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
8th March 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
AOR Received.
26th April 2018
File Transfer...
07th May 2018
Med's Request
10th August 2018
Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
Hello

Hi Timeskumari007 I am trying to fill out the new schedule A and dont have my husband mother date of birth... what did you eventually do to submit you application? thanks!

hnd2018

Mar 6, 2018
Hi Timeskumari007 I am trying to fill out the new schedule A and dont have my husband mother date of birth... what did you eventually do to submit you application? thanks!
Hello,
I would suggest typing the approximate year as follows: 1994-01-01 and then creating a letter of explanation stating that the date provided in the specific question is only for validation purposes. And then provide a clear and reasonable explanation that you did all possible to find the date or the reasons as to why you don't have it.

Hope this helps!!

Reactions: trinirock

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Does anyone have a problem with validation Schedule A and how did you resolved it? I found few other previous topics encountering same problem but no one wrote the solution. One member suggested to input today's date and it didn't work.
Schedule A primary applicant says Validated "YES", bu printed copy says NO. For other two person in application both Schedule A won't validate at all