+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New rules to PGWP, no longer need a valid study to apply for PGWP

jack4050

Jan 10, 2019

prapplicant1

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Guys we no longer need a valid study permit to apply for PGWP good news to us internationals students link below, new update FEB 14, 2019.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2019-post-grad-work-permit.html

That is perfect. My wife just graduated but her study permit expired and no one warned us about these case. It looks like we can apply directly when we get the transcript and graduation letter.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That is perfect. My wife just graduated but her study permit expired and no one warned us about these case. It looks like we can apply directly when we get the transcript and graduation letter.
While a study permit isn't required, VALID status is. If she didn't apply for any form of extension before her study permit expired, she is now in Canada illegally and must apply for Restoration.

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Does this apply to someone who wants to reapply after a rejection? IF their study permit expires and they want to try again?

prapplicant1

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
While a study permit isn't required, VALID status is. If she didn't apply for any form of extension before her study permit expired, she is now in Canada illegally and must apply for Restoration.
She just graduated and it looks like we still have almost 90 days to restore it. I called CIC and they told me that I can pay restoration fees while applying pgwp. However I could not find the correct combination to get both restoration and PGWP.

Do you know how can I get them together?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
She just graduated and it looks like we still have almost 90 days to restore it. I called CIC and they told me that I can pay restoration fees while applying pgwp. However I could not find the correct combination to get both restoration and PGWP.

Do you know how can I get them together?
Restoration is an extra $200.