+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Rule regarding PCC by cic (PCC valid for 6 month)

Sandy6377

Jan 30, 2015
Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. (For example, if you lived in a country for eight months but left on a two-week vacation, that counts as living there for eight months.)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

autumnsummer71

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2015
Doc's Request.
08-05-2015 RCMP; 29-05-2015 Schedule A
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015 at CIC Calgary
Sandy6377 said:
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. (For example, if you lived in a country for eight months but left on a two-week vacation, that counts as living there for eight months.)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.
Thank you so much... I was so worried because one of my PCC was few days more than the earlier stipulated 3 months deadline and I submitted my application without realizing it. With this new update, I should be fine. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!!! :) :)

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
Sandy6377 said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp
Hi what does this mean:
"For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."- I came to Canada in 2013 and never went back to my country. I got a police clearance certificate on 2014 May. so, is it still valid?

"For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply."- does this mean that i need to obtain a PCC from Canadian police?

Britanno-Columbien

Apr 8, 2015
Sandy6377 said:

I have to say, this must be the first reasonable thing I've seen come out of CIC since I've started preparing our application. Between my wife and I we needed seven different police certificates -- we've moved around a lot -- and it was a nightmare to try to get them all at once, let alone to have all of them stay within the 3-month period of validity. So yay, CIC! This makes me feel a lot better about my application. :D

Britanno-Columbien

Apr 8, 2015
f1ahmed said:
Hi what does this mean:
"For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."- I came to Canada in 2013 and never went back to my country. I got a police clearance certificate on 2014 May. so, is it still valid?

"For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply."- does this mean that i need to obtain a PCC from Canadian police?
My understanding -- per the CIC website (I can't add the link) -- is that we don't have to provide a PCC from Canada unless we're specifically asked to send one by CIC.

Sandy6377

Jan 30, 2015
Britanno-Columbien said:
My understanding -- per the CIC website (I can't add the link) -- is that we don't have to provide a PCC from Canada unless we're specifically asked to send one by CIC.
Yes you are right. However, it's not a bad thing to get PCC from Canada because it usually takes a week to get it.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
Sandy6377 said:
Yes you are right. However, it's not a bad thing to get PCC from Canada because it usually takes a week to get it.
could you please verify this: "For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."- I came to Canada in 2013 and never went back to my country. I got a police clearance certificate on 2014 May. so, is it still valid?

i know it looks like i am not understanding a simple thing but really wanted to be sure.....

Britanno-Columbien

Apr 8, 2015
f1ahmed said:
could you please verify this: "For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."- I came to Canada in 2013 and never went back to my country. I got a police clearance certificate on 2014 May. so, is it still valid?

i know it looks like i am not understanding a simple thing but really wanted to be sure.....
If you live in Canada and that PCC was for Canada, then no, it's no longer valid, since it's older than 6 months. But I don't understand why you'd be concerned, since it isn't required to send the Canadian PCC to begin with.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
Britanno-Columbien said:
If you live in Canada and that PCC was for Canada, then no, it's no longer valid, since it's older than 6 months. But I don't understand why you'd be concerned, since it isn't required to send the Canadian PCC to begin with.
No, i got it from my home country last year May 2014, so it should be still valid, right? as i did not go back.

niagary

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
Sandy6377 said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp
Hi

Great news. Thanks for sharing.

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
If I remember correctly, earlier it used say clearly that Canada PCC not required. It does not say that any more. Does this that Canada PCC is a requirement now?

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
pk_2015 said:
If I remember correctly, earlier it used say clearly that Canada PCC not required. It does not say that any more. Does this that Canada PCC is a requirement now?
As i read on the instructions on the ITA profile it states that Canada PCC is not required .Also some countries do not issue PCC without letter from CIC eg Saudi Arabia
They will screen your records directly with RCMP during background check,

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You dont need PCC for Canada, here is the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp