+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Rule for Police Clerance Certificate requirement. Do I need PCC?

aks.abhi9

May 8, 2018
New Delhi
Hi all, please help with PCC new rule for Express Entry applicant (refer link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Query: If I have completed the 10 Years plus (over 10 years) travel history window, then do I need the Police Clearance Certificate from the visited country?

I have travelled Oman twice for the period 4 months & 4.5 months 10 years ago. Consider my current age as 34 years.

PCC new rule for Express Entry applicant below:
It can take a long time to get police certificates. You should consider asking for them as soon as your profile is in the pool.

If you’ve been invited to apply and you still don’t have them, you should ask for them right away.

If you have a criminal record, you may not be allowed to enter or stay in Canada. People who pose a risk to Canada’s security are also not allowed to come to Canada.

Get the police certificates you need
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

Police certificates must be scanned copies of the original certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies or unauthorized copies won’t be accepted and will result in your application being rejected.

After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi all, please help with PCC new rule for Express Entry applicant (refer link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Query: If I have completed the 10 Years plus (over 10 years) travel history window, then do I need the Police Clearance Certificate from the visited country?

I have travelled Oman twice for the period 4 months & 4.5 months 10 years ago. Consider my current age as 34 years.

It can take a long time to get police certificates. You should consider asking for them as soon as your profile is in the pool.

If you’ve been invited to apply and you still don’t have them, you should ask for them right away.

If you have a criminal record, you may not be allowed to enter or stay in Canada. People who pose a risk to Canada’s security are also not allowed to come to Canada.

and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

Police certificates must be scanned copies of the original certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies or unauthorized copies won’t be accepted and will result in your application being rejected.

After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.
More than 10 years, no need of PCC.

Reactions: aks.abhi9

bmr

Jan 30, 2015

and

since it is 10 year ago , need not apply for PCC

Reactions: aks.abhi9

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.