+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New processing times for Riyadh.

doctor_acdc

Mar 16, 2012
I met a Canadian Embassy representative in Riyadh a few days back and she said that the processing time is now 3 weeks not 7 weeks. If anyone of you can kindly confirm about this, it would be great. The website page has not be updated and the dates are there as of January this year. Please if anyone of you know anything about it please confirm.

shakil_kasuri

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
dear doctor
I am shakil doing job in saudi arabia. someone told me that it is better to apply from pakistan rather than from saudia arabia due to the chances of rejection on the basis of strong ties. what you think about it?

doctor_acdc

Mar 16, 2012
Brother I was the one who told you before about the ties with country issue. I am here on student iqama so of course my case is different from yours. In my opinion your ties with country is not very good if you apply from here according to your situation. I may be wrong but that's what I can say.

shakil_kasuri

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
ohh that was you.
according to your guidance now i have decided to apply from pak. i am completing documentations for it.

chooza

May 9, 2012
Hello guys... whats up. I'm on a student iqama in saudi (I am from Pak)... completing my MS... I'm going to McGill for PhD starting fall '12. I have applied for the student permit at Riyadh CHC through Aramex and got a msg from the embassy on 29th of April that my application is being processed. Regarding funds, I am gettin a full doctoral scholarship from McGill and didn't show any bank statement/property. My whole family is in Pak and that's the only thing I have in the application that shows my ties with the country. Also, I attached a copy of CAQ (Quebec Acceptance Certificate). I have multiple tourist visas in my passport and a copy of valid multiple exit & re-entry is also there. And that pretty much sums up the whole documentation for my application.

Now to the questions...
1. Any ideas how long the visa process will take?
2. Do they also reject applicants who are going for PhD?
3. Should I expect a call for medical?

-Chooza

shakil_kasuri

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
chooza said:
Hello guys... whats up. I'm on a student iqama in saudi (I am from Pak)... completing my MS... I'm going to McGill for PhD starting fall '12. I have applied for the student permit at Riyadh CHC through Aramex and got a msg from the embassy on 29th of April that my application is being processed. Regarding funds, I am gettin a full doctoral scholarship from McGill and didn't show any bank statement/property. My whole family is in Pak and that's the only thing I have in the application that shows my ties with the country. Also, I attached a copy of CAQ (Quebec Acceptance Certificate). I have multiple tourist visas in my passport and a copy of valid multiple exit & re-entry is also there. And that pretty much sums up the whole documentation for my application.

Now to the questions...
1. Any ideas how long the visa process will take?
2. Do they also reject applicants who are going for PhD?
3. Should I expect a call for medical?

-Chooza
dear
your profile is looking good so keep hoping.
their processing time is very short so be ready to hear from them soon.
goodluck

by the way from where are you doing ur MS?
have u did TOEFL OR IELTS?

Rajaryan

Jul 6, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
10-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-06-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada on TFW
@doctor_acdc
Thanks lot for the information.
But did the Canadian Representative mention that this revised processing time is for Study Visa or Temp Work Permit or Visit Visa etc?
Awaiting your reply eagerly.

Thanks in advance.