+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new processing times for Citizenship! How it will effect us?

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
new processing times for Citizenship! How it will effect us?
  • Citizenship grant: 27 months.
  • Citizenship certificate (Proof of citizenship): 17 months.
  • Resumption of citizenship: 23 months.
  • Renunciation of citizenship: 15 months.
  • Search of citizenship record: 15 months.
  • Adoption: 11 months for part 1; part 2 varies on complexity.

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/03/ircc-updates-processing-times-tool-to-provide-more-accurate-information-0324031.html#gs.vyul95
The newly stated processing times will not affect anything. They are simply a late admission of what the actual reality is.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
The newly stated processing times will not affect anything. They are simply a late admission of what the actual reality is.
Liars.

caneng

Dec 11, 2019
Do we have any idea how quickly they are working to reduce the 27 months back to less than 12 months? 27 months is the historical data, so if i were to apply today, does anyone have any idea what the actual wait time will be? Im hoping less than 27 months, but it would probably be more than 12 i imagine?

cna110

Apr 25, 2022
I think it makes one difference. Previously, you could argue the delay to ask for mandamus based on the 12 months normal processing time. Now you can not ask for any mandamus for a delay of up to 27 months.
It is irrelevant to any clarity or honesty in this case. It is just covering themselves for less files at the court.

Reactions: MrChazz

SergeyS

May 13, 2022
I see the petition to sign address immigration case processing issues, and a comment regarding filing a writ of mandamus, which is basically spending a lot of $$$/effort for what should be a part of the system in a country whose legal system supposedly adheres to the due process principle. My understanding that however shocking there is no due process for applications for grant of citizenship. Meaning the government of Canada does not have a set timeline to process the citizenship applications. I am not talking about the 27 month average that the immigration site got finally updated to after years of showing 12 months. I am talking about the need of having a set timeline for each step of the process of processing a citizenship application. For example in the US under section 336 of the INA, the USCIS is obligated to make a determination on an application within 120 days of the examination

Reactions: Dreamlad

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
I am getting so nervous, I will qualify to apply in feb 2023, I'm just hoping that they bring down the processing times till then cause this is scaring me :(

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I am getting so nervous, I will qualify to apply in feb 2023, I'm just hoping that they bring down the processing times till then cause this is scaring me :(
I'm losing my mind. Kill me, please.

• Sad
Reactions: Ghess23

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
A friend of mine applied in January 2022 as a family application and they have already been cleared background, and test window has been scheduled as of end May. That is very quick in my opinion even their acknowledgment was done within a month. We are Nov 2020 applicants and waiting still. Luckily on DM already but still. So I guess the 27 months is truly historical when the peak of pandemic caused massive delays. I pray we all get processed sooner rather than later!

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
A friend of mine applied in January 2022 as a family application and they have already been cleared background, and test window has been scheduled as of end May. That is very quick in my opinion even their acknowledgment was done within a month. We are Nov 2020 applicants and waiting still. Luckily on DM already but still. So I guess the 27 months is truly historical when the peak of pandemic caused massive delays. I pray we all get processed sooner rather than later!
I personally think that it depends on the processing times posted when you applied, they seem to have the target of processing following that, this is just a theory, i'm thinking this way because when I applied for PR, the posted time was 21 months and I received my pr in 19 months while other people before me were still waiting, it also depends on the agent and complexity but all my work permits applications were finalized in time like the processing times indicated

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I personally think that it depends on the processing times posted when you applied
The number posted as 'current' is backward looking and is meant to cover 80% of apps, i.e. when they say 18 months it means 80% of those received 18 months ago have been completed (the idea being that 20% of files are always 'complex' or the outliers delayed for whatever reason).

Of course, within that 80%, some were faster and some were slower.

And note: because it's a backward looking measure, it does not tell you how quickly files received 'today' will be processed, only how long those received 18 months ago (or whatever) took. If they're catching up and reducing a backlog, ti will be quicker - those who applied when covid lockdowns happened obviously ended up having their files take longer.

Reactions: Ghess23

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
The number posted as 'current' is backward looking and is meant to cover 80% of apps, i.e. when they say 18 months it means 80% of those received 18 months ago have been completed (the idea being that 20% of files are always 'complex' or the outliers delayed for whatever reason).

Of course, within that 80%, some were faster and some were slower.

And note: because it's a backward looking measure, it does not tell you how quickly files received 'today' will be processed, only how long those received 18 months ago (or whatever) took. If they're catching up and reducing a backlog, ti will be quicker - those who applied when covid lockdowns happened obviously ended up having their files take longer.
Thank you for the explanation!!

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Regardless of what that number represents, it is an excuse the IRCC agents can use to tell you that you need to wait so they don’t have to do any actual work.