+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR/PRTD application forms??

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Hey folks,

I was almost done finishing my PR renewal forms, but I just checked online and see new forms for PR/PRTD. In general, they are similar to the older form, but allow to add rows to sections (for example, more rows can be added to address history or travel history).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/imm5444.html

I'm now contemplating whether to send the old forms or fill in these new ones. One confusion with the new form is the following question:

Have you ever been issued any of the following? Travel document, PRTD

What is a travel document? Is the one time entry immigrant visa that is issued for landing considered a travel document and that is what is supposed to be mentioned in the application?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey folks,

I was almost done finishing my PR renewal forms, but I just checked online and see new forms for PR/PRTD. In general, they are similar to the older form, but allow to add rows to sections (for example, more rows can be added to address history or travel history).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/imm5444.html

I'm now contemplating whether to send the old forms or fill in these new ones. One confusion with the new form is the following question:

Have you ever been issued any of the following? Travel document, PRTD

What is a travel document? Is the one time entry immigrant visa that is issued for landing considered a travel document and that is what is supposed to be mentioned in the application?

1. A travel document is issued to stateless persons so they can travel (non refugee) and Refugees who are protected persons can get Refugee Travel documents.
2. The PRTD is a document issued over seas for permanent residents who don't have a PR card.
3. A visa is not a travel document.

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Hi

1. A travel document is issued to stateless persons so they can travel (non refugee) and Refugees who are protected persons can get Refugee Travel documents.
2. The PRTD is a document issued over seas for permanent residents who don't have a PR card.
3. A visa is not a travel document.
Thank you. I knew of the PRTD. Travel document had be confused. The form also is flawed, as once you click an option, you can uncheck it.

EveM

Nov 27, 2017
Careful, the new form asks for personal history from most recent to oldest, the opposite of the older form!!
I also found in printing out the filled in form, the answers come out faintly printed, hope it is okay to submit that way

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
hello. all. i am new. need to apply for PRTD for my daughter from Saudi Arabia

before covid she had receive the visa. however she could not travel due to travel restrictions.

is the process same now, ie apply via VAC. i read somewhere VAC is not taking PRTD apps from April 1 and that there is an email address where we should send all documents to

please advice about the new process if any

thanks

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Careful, the new form asks for personal history from most recent to oldest, the opposite of the older form!!
I also found in printing out the filled in form, the answers come out faintly printed, hope it is okay to submit that way
Yup. I noted that too.

Reactions: asaeed100