+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Jan 11, 2021
There is a glitch in the portal. When you originally sign in, it asks for a declaration that you are in Canada, followed by entering your address and uploading a photograph. When I logged in 10 minutes ago to check the status, it made me do the declaration again. Not sure why but it happened to a friend of mine also. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Same here. did you upload the photo and address again? I think this is a temporary issue due to new portal changes. Hope they fix it soon.

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
This wait is driving me nuts. As per my GCMS notes, my application was approved on Dec 02, 2020. I received my first email for the COPR portal on Jan 6th and I replied within 15 minutes. I also sent a follow-up email on the 15th, but no response whatsoever. Why the fuck should I wait for months to get a COPR document? I really hate being stuck between being a temporary resident and a permanent resident. I do not know how long it is going to take for these lazy bastards to just send a set of credentials. I literally provision several user accounts every day for a living. The initial email should clearly specify the format in comma-separated values and provide an example. This will make it easier to provision accounts.
Agree with you on this point

The initial email should clearly specify the format in comma-separated values and provide an example. This will make it easier to provision accounts...

The lack f clarity is causing so many back and forth emails and resulting in inefficient system.

Reactions: Ram_Shruti

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019
There is a glitch in the portal. When you originally sign in, it asks for a declaration that you are in Canada, followed by entering your address and uploading a photograph. When I logged in 10 minutes ago to check the status, it made me do the declaration again. Not sure why but it happened to a friend of mine also. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Even it happened to me. It was showing only today.

May 12, 2020
Make sure you reply to the email that you’ll get to start the portal login creation .. subject should have Re: and not FW:
The email I sent on last had FW: and I kept waiting for a week with the login details .. then again when I sent the same email again with Re:

then I guess it worked for me and I got the login email with temporary password
I got PR confirmation portal email from my lawyer,how could i send reply,it would be Forward.
I forward the details to IRCC on 7th jan,still waiting

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Folks, when I uploaded my Canada address and Photo on 6th January, there was no declaration button for declaring presence in Canada. I went ahead and provided Canada address and photo. Ever since the status was shown as 'In Review with IRCC'.

Today when I logged back onto the portal, it asked me to confirm the presence in Canada (by clicking on the checkbox'. It is correctly showing my address and also the displaying the photo which was uploaded. And now the status is 'In Review with IRCC'.

if any one of you who wasn't asked to declare earlier about CANADA presence (while providing the address and uploading the photograph to the portal), please try logging back to portal and confirm this step...

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
I got PR confirmation portal email from my lawyer,how could i send reply,it would be Forward.
I forward the details to IRCC on 7th jan,still waiting
@jasvinder.virk I personally feel it doesn't it matters. I my case i receive the emails directly from the IRCC. Though I reply, they are taking 3, 3 weeks at every step from providing portal details... so go ahead. if you are particular, modify the subject and remove fw and replace with re: you can edit the subject....

chunga

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Phew, I'm relieved the 'In Canada declaration' not only happened to me. I was so confused
I remember someone in forum said there was a check box to declare in Canada when they submit before.
But this is the first time I see it...I only had two section before; Address and photo. Now, it has Step 1 (Declaration) and Step 2 (Address and photo)
I wonder if there was problem with my account. Did you have the check box when you submit?

Last edited:

yosupa

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
It wont let me upload again, it is showing me what I previously uploaded and it won't allow me to click into anything. Even the download button has disappeared.
I guess disappearance of the download Button is by design...

As per the comments on the portal, It says

Once your self-declaration of your presence in Canada has been accepted, you will be able to download your electronic copy of your confirmation of permanent residence document(eCoPR) in this portal.

And...

Once both your photo and address are accepted, permanent resident card will be mailed to the mailing address ...

Not sure how and when the self-declaration of presence will be accepted...

But wait at every stage for sure...

Reactions: Lol89

hk14

Jan 6, 2021
I guess disappearance of the download Button is by design...

As per the comments on the portal, It says

Once your self-declaration of your presence in Canada has been accepted, you will be able to download your electronic copy of your confirmation of permanent residence document(eCoPR) in this portal.

And...

Once both your photo and address are accepted, permanent resident card will be mailed to the mailing address ...

Now sure how and when the self-declaration of presence will be accepted...

But wait at every stage for sure...
Yeah, it's very frustrating. I know until yesterday it was once the address is submitted, eCoPR can be downloaded and once the photo is accepted, PR card will be mailed. So I guess the change is that once the declaration is submitted, eCoPR will be issued in the portal.

Reactions: Lol89 and yosupa

Ravz@

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Why they are not approving photos... i already got ecopr and address is approved... 1 month passed still no PR CARD ... no point of this portal ...

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
yeah did the declaration again... lol

earthlings

Jan 7, 2021
I uploaded my address and photo on Jan 6th and waiting for eCOPR since then. Today when I logged into the portal, I saw the decleration button appeared which was not there until now.
When I check the status of my application, it says eligibility is being reviewed and processing the background check.
AOR is March 13th and I am inland CEC applicant who is living in Canada for 5,5 years.
A big LOL to their system which is like a joke!!

Reactions: java8

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020