+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR card processing time

jcm2022

Jun 4, 2022
I landed in Canada recently on April 2022 in Vancouver; I still not able to link my PR card application to My Account. From the government website, it said New PR card is taking around 91 days as per processing times.
Does anyone received the initial PR card recently? Thanks.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
I don't think we have ANY options to do or expedite the process.
I called them 2 days in row, got the Voicemail service only, then hangs up.
I think you need to apply for solemn declaration?
The issue I noticed was that they are sending the card to the address on your EE application, not the one on your portal.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Can I know what's EE application versus on the portal address??
EE application: meaning the application you submitted to obtain your permanent residency i.e. fsw / cec / pnp, etc. Or did you go through via some other programs? In each application there is an entry for you to put your mailing address. So for that application, there is an address A.

The portal I mean the PR confirmation portal, assuming that you are inland? If so, you must have input an address and uploaded a photo to the portal. Let's call this address B.

My personal experience, the PR card was sent to the mailing address A, not B.

The best way to find out where your PR card was sent is to call IRCC, and ask them to confirm the mailing address for the PR card application. (This was how I found out that they sent to address A, not B)

Reactions: Torontonian343

Torontonian343

Mar 1, 2021
EE application: meaning the application you submitted to obtain your permanent residency i.e. fsw / cec / pnp, etc. Or did you go through via some other programs? In each application there is an entry for you to put your mailing address. So for that application, there is an address A.

The portal I mean the PR confirmation portal, assuming that you are inland? If so, you must have input an address and uploaded a photo to the portal. Let's call this address B.

My personal experience, the PR card was sent to the mailing address A, not B.

The best way to find out where your PR card was sent is to call IRCC, and ask them to confirm the mailing address for the PR card application. (This was how I found out that they sent to address A, not B)
Thank you for details, I will find out & determine what address is in check. But I know a friend who's Pr card renewal came after 1 year & 6 months (my time is upto now 1 year & 5 months (so keeping fingers crossed 1 more months to go)) just saying.

pankajsoni

Star Member
Jan 8, 2019
Hi guys,

I landed (first landing) on 24 June 2022.

For people with their first landing in 2022,
1) How much time did it take to receive the first PR card?
2) Was it delivered to your mail box? or you had to show some ID to the delivery person?

Thank you!

filtyfox

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
Landed at YYZ on July 23 and provided address to IO on landing.
Currently processing time shows 69 days.