+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new PR card not received yet

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
need to attend Oath but I only have the old expired PR card with, new PR card didn't reach my previous address (I used my friend address). Do I still need to use "Solemn Declaration" form to declared the unreceived card (if anyone has done this form)? thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
need to attend Oath but I only have the old expired PR card with, new PR card didn't reach my previous address (I used my friend address). Do I still need to use "Solemn Declaration" form to declared the unreceived card (if anyone has done this form)? thanks!
No. You will use Solemn Declaration ONLY if you never ever received a PR card (your first PR card after you became a PR of Canada). In your case, show the expired card that you have and also tell them that you've applied for a new card. IRCC will internally send a request to cancel your PR renewal application.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
When did they send it?
I have no idea and I believe they mailed the card in regular mail to my friend's address, and my friend also moved... since I had no travel plan and citizenship is coming up soon, so I didn't dig into the matter
No. You will use Solemn Declaration ONLY if you never ever received a PR card (your first PR card after you became a PR of Canada). In your case, show the expired card that you have and also tell them that you've applied for a new card. IRCC will internally send a request to cancel your PR renewal application.
Thanks! will let them know during pre-oath checking.

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
I have no idea since my friend also moved... and I believe the mail was a regular mail not express so no way to track it.
You can create mycic account and link your PR renewal application from there. It will tell you when it was approved and you can estimate the delivery time. You should read on how long one had to wait until one gets PR renewal card after approval, if that period had passed then you may have to do solemn declaration. With that said, you can tell it as is to your CIC officer and they will guide you on the day of oath.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
You can create mycic account and link your PR renewal application from there. It will tell you when it was approved and you can estimate the delivery time. You should read on how long one had to wait until one gets PR renewal card after approval, if that period had passed then you may have to do solemn declaration. With that said, you can tell it as is to your CIC officer and they will guide you on the day of oath.
Got it, thanks a lot, yeah I guess I will just bring my old expired PR to the oath and let the officer know about not getting my new card yet(due to adress).

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram