NEW PR Card not received ( 4.5months +) 2022 June Landing

krishvivi

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
hi all, My parents landed on 08th June 2022 & their first PR card was approved on 10th Aug and mailed 11th Aug ( GCKEY update) . I waited till Sep 27th and called IRCC and found tat my parents card was returned on 14th Sep as no address found --yesses.. they sent to old address which I used for my mom's visitor visa 12 yrs ago. No clue how it went to that 12yr old address. Agent updated address and mentioned that it will take another 4-6weeks to receive ur card. I tried calling but no luck to speak to human and finally I was able to talk to someone on 28th October now they are saying it might come by Dec 19th /2022. My parents are leaving to India on Dec 07th...... Donno wat to do..... IRCC agent is saying you cant send PR cards in courier, when ur parents come next time -apply for travel document and travel using that document.......... Do I need to re-apply ???

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
hi all, My parents landed on 08th June 2022 & their first PR card was approved on 10th Aug and mailed 11th Aug ( GCKEY update) . I waited till Sep 27th and called IRCC and found tat my parents card was returned on 14th Sep as no address found --yesses.. they sent to old address which I used for my mom's visitor visa 12 yrs ago. No clue how it went to that 12yr old address. Agent updated address and mentioned that it will take another 4-6weeks to receive ur card. I tried calling but no luck to speak to human and finally I was able to talk to someone on 28th October now they are saying it might come by Dec 19th /2022. My parents are leaving to India on Dec 07th...... Donno wat to do..... IRCC agent is saying you cant send PR cards in courier, when ur parents come next time -apply for travel document and travel using that document.......... Do I need to re-apply ???
If you are asking about re applying PR card, the answer in no -
1. IRCC will resend PR cards as mentioned by the agent. Unfortunately you cannot expedite it, but do keep checking the status. Mine was resent after almost a month.
2. Logically too, why would you re apply for PR card ? it will delay your process further.