+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Portal Vs Old Portal

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have submitted visit application for my parents and sister through the old portal on Dec 10 2021. For my Parents it will be renewal. They both have US and other country visas and have visited me several times in Canada.
Now the issue is that I didn't know about the new ircc portal. My sister already received Bio-metric request and her bio-metric has also been updated on the GC Key portal. I also saw a Ghost Update two days back against all three applicants.

In their applications, they have attached the vaccination cards as well.
Does it matter if this application is on the OLD PORTAL? Does anyone faced the same situation?

Last edited:

Angienanti

Dec 17, 2021
Hello,

I have submitted visit application for my parents and sister through the old portal on Dec 10 2021. For my Parents it will be renewal. They both have US and other country visas and have visited me several times in Canada.
Now the issue is that I didn't know about the old portal. My sister already received Bio-metric request and her bio-metric has also been updated on the GC Key portal. I also saw a Ghost Update two days back against all three applicants.

In their applications, they have attached the vaccination cards as well.
Does it matter if this application is on the OLD PORTAL? Does anyone faced the same situation?
hello there.where exactly are the vaccination cards added for visit visa not more than 6 months ?i dint include it.will this slow down my application process ??

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello there.where exactly are the vaccination cards added for visit visa not more than 6 months ?i dint include it.will this slow down my application process ??
Hi,
I added them under letter of intent for each applicant.

This is my experience with IRCC, if they require any additional document, then that usually delays the process. But all what matters is if your case is strong they will ask for any missing supporting documents and sooner or later they will approve it.

Angienanti

Dec 17, 2021
Hi,
I added them under letter of intent for each applicant.

This is my experience with IRCC, if they require any additional document, then that usually delays the process. But all what matters is if your case is strong they will ask for any missing supporting documents and sooner or later they will approve it.
thanks alot i used gckey though.didnt see exactly where to add them.
i applied on nov 18
got bil on nov 19
completed biometrics nov 22

till now still waiting nothing has change on the application.i applied for tourism.

japel

Dec 17, 2021
Could any of you tell me please what on earth the old and new portals are?

I applied fairly recently in late October and didn't even know there was more than one portal! I could only see something about online or on paper.

thanks!

SHAHABZ

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are currently the same. Via GCKey one can apply any type of application while the new IRCC they are stream lining some limited type applications to make the system more responsive. Also the new IRCC portal has more online forms, where you do not upload so many forms and instead just fill the same information on an online form. This also provides you a more case specific document checklist, but limited capacity of 2MB only. This increases the processing time unlike the GCKey where you have country specific generalized checklist and one can upload various supporting documents upto 4MB ea.

I haven't tried the new portal yet but it sounds amazing and easier for the visa processing offices. Obviously, the new system calls for answer within 14 to 30 days but it all depends on the number of applications in system. Remember, actual processing starts only after bio-metrics.

Last edited:

japel

Dec 17, 2021
Thanks. I just went and gave the biometrics a couple of days ago. The whole thing took about 4 minutes. I waited for the lift longer!

But I still don't know which one of the two sites I applied from. Just that it has way too many pages of entering and clicking before I actually get to my information. And oh the font size is big enough to be seen from Mars!

gurinders

Dec 21, 2017
Hi, I have applied visitor visa for my brother Nov-8,2021 Biometric done and updated Dec-7,2021. after that no update. should I reapply on the new portal. as Biometric is already done and I think it would be faster on the new portal. please suggest should i wait or reapply.

Manmeet611994

Feb 19, 2022
I applied on dec 7 thinking of applying on new portal but my application number start with v3…i just saw a video in which agent saying that new portal file no start with v4 and old portal v3…does anyone know about this?

Mar 7, 2022
They are currently the same. Via GCKey one can apply any type of application while the new IRCC they are stream lining some limited type applications to make the system more responsive. Also the new IRCC portal has more online forms, where you do not upload so many forms and instead just fill the same information on an online form. This also provides you a more case specific document checklist, but limited capacity of 2MB only. This increases the processing time unlike the GCKey where you have country specific generalized checklist and one can upload various supporting documents upto 4MB ea.

I haven't tried the new portal yet but it sounds amazing and easier for the visa processing offices. Obviously, the new system calls for answer within 14 to 30 days but it all depends on the number of applications in system. Remember, actual processing starts only after bio-metrics.
Hi everyone, I am also having confusions with where to put my documents. In my case I am self sponsored, invitation letter from real sister who is Canadian citizen.
Where to put my employment documents like noc, employment letter and pay slips?
Where to put invitation letter, blood relation, her canada citizenship and her house in canada docs?
Do we need to fill family information form because the portal not ask for sister information?
Is ITR mandatory in funds section?
National identity document is adhaar card?
Cover letter, itinerary etc in Additional document section?
Is it better to use old GCKEY portal as the documents section are very organized there but since I am applying for to unite with family member so is that gckey portal applicable iny case?
Please help

Baywestfair

Feb 18, 2018
Hello everyone..I am having same issue. I used the old portal to apply in January and only biometrics received up to date. Should I apply again with the new portal ? Please help.