+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New portal to change test date

pascastel

Jun 29, 2017
Hi Everyone !

I just received the letter asking me to attend the citizenship test on Nov 22 2018.

On this exact date, I have an important work appointment overseas, with numerous colleagues also coming from overseas, everything is already booked, and that would be a big mess for me not to go...

On the letter I received, there is a link toward a 'new' portal to reschedule my test, the portal says:

Tell IRCC you can’t attend your citizenship appointment, and request a new one.
You will need:
-Your paper file number
-To describe your reason for rescheduling
Next, you’ll select 3 days you’re available between December and January.
(...)

Then the portal shows me a calendar where I can choose 3 dates among numerous options in the two months after my current appointment date.

Does anyone have its test rescheduled using this portal ? How quick was the re-scheduling ? Any related complication ?

Thanks !

pascastel

Jun 29, 2017
I applied to have my test date changed.
I had to choose between three other dates in the following two months after my original appointment. It also says that posting an application to change the date through the portal automatically cancel the first date.
I will keep you guys updated...
My original date was Nov 22nd in Vancouver, I proposed three dates at the end of January.
Let's see...

pascastel

Jun 29, 2017
Basically, I am wondering if the three subsequent dates they ask you to pick is really something they would try to respect, ... or perhaps they will not care about it...

m0ltarovich

Jan 3, 2014
Do you need to provide a reason for moving the date? What is the wording like? Does it need to be a serious reason?

pascastel

Jun 29, 2017
Yes, I had to provide a reason, but the first appointment is automatically cancelled... so they anyway have to reschedule a test. Basically the reason do not really matter...(?)
One other thing, the portal I had to go through was apparently linked to the Vancouver office. This portal might not be implemented for all local offices... but not sure.