+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New portal rules

Goodygoody

Star Member
May 15, 2019
I applied for a visitor visa for my sister but did not realize IRCC portal and IRCC secure account is separate. I applied through the IRCC secure account via GC key Nov 20, 2021. Will my application get processed or do I need reapply through the IRCC portal for my sisters application.

borg_drone

Nov 26, 2017
I did the same thing. Applied on the 23rd of Nov. Did not see any mention of new portal. Paid and then in an hour realized that there was a new portal somewhere. I have no idea on what will happen. No clarity on whether there is a difference or if I have to re-apply. Asked IRCC via webform. Considering their response times, I doubt if I will ever hear from anyone.

borg_drone

Nov 26, 2017
Update - I submitted a TRV application on the old GCkey portal on the 23rd of November. Received an request for passport email on the 6th of December. No appointments available at VFS India no matter how far out in the future or whichever city I check. The portal just logs out after a few seconds. Looks like their website is completely crashed or is under attack. Any one had any luck with VFS appointments in India?.

Also the processing time does not take into account the time taken to book appointments. So the indicators are pretty much useless.