+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PGWP Extension (Opt-in): email confirmation?

Dev_New

Apr 28, 2023
I got the email to opt in and realized that my passport expires a few a days before eligibility. So I renewed my passport, and opt'ed in however, I'm getting an error in submitting the form saying the country of residence was not selected even though it's selected. Not sure if it's because I renewed my passport or a bug. Submitted a technical issue and they replied saying claim documents added to my account. Unsure what's next tbh

Faithhh3232

Aug 30, 2018
Hi everyone, please your response will be greatly appreciated.

On the 5th of April 2023 I received an email regarding the work permit extension program 2023 and my work permit expired on the 4th of April, 2023.

I logged into my GCkey account to opt-in, but the link is not available on my dashboard.

Please help if you any suggestions on what to do.

Faithhh3232

Aug 30, 2018
I received a message regarding the work permit extension program 2023. I logged in my GCkey account to opt-in, but the link is not available on my dashboard. Kindly help if you have anyway to resolve this situation.
Hi, I also received the email and didn't see the opt in link on my GCkey account. I think it's because my work permit expired on the 4th of April, 2023, however this special measure is for those people who had current work permits as at 6th April 2023, which is the date of the launch of this special measure.

If you don't mind my asking, did you have a current work permit on 6th April 2023?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi, I also received the email and didn't see the opt in link on my GCkey account. I think it's because my work permit expired on the 4th of April, 2023, however this special measure is for those people who had current work permits as at 6th April 2023, which is the date of the launch of this special measure.

If you don't mind my asking, did you have a current work permit on 6th April 2023?
If your old pgwp application is not linked in your gckey account, you will not see opt-in option.

I linked my application and was able to opt-in.

Bgureltr

Nov 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Opted in on April 7th which was on Good Friday. Got it approved in the very first business day that was on Tuesday afternoon. This is fastest process I have ever seen. I think I got lucky this time.

snakeriver

Jul 27, 2020
Your application date?
I applied on April 6, I havent received anything so far. I actually went ahead and opted in again on April 18. Again nothing.
I don't what to do honestly. My PGWP will expire end of June next month.

Bgureltr

Nov 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Guatemala
I applied on April 6, I havent received anything so far. I actually went ahead and opted in again on April 18. Again nothing.
I don't what to do honestly. My PGWP will expire end of June next month.
You are good till the decision made

Canada1993

Apr 19, 2023
No update
I called IRCC on April 26 , the agent said you will get it, he could not confirm if my application is received or not, he was like if you are getting message"opt-in submitted" then you will get it.
Oh man - interesting! Okay - well please let me know when you get your approval. I’m a few days after you - so hopeful.

Barbiejoo

Feb 23, 2021
In case this helps I never got an email confirmation but I did show a message when trying to apply that I already applied.

Also seems the PGWP is 18 months from time of approval, not for when the visa ends.

How long did it take for you get the PGWP in the mail once the letter of approval arrived in your cic account?
Hi Azun, after you opted in did you get something saying congratulations you have successfully submitted your profile?