+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PGWP Extension (Opt-in): email confirmation?

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
I didn't receive any confirmation email, and neither did anyone in another forum I frequent.
Such a basic feature to add, but I guess IRCC didn't feel like it...

Reactions: Vshah12

Deebee1997

Jan 23, 2023
I am having the same issue.. I did not even see "sucessfully submitted".. just showed an error message.. so when I tried opting in again.. it said you have already submitted this..
thats all.. how do I know if everything is done.. are we expecting any communication to come through?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I am having the same issue.. I did not even see "sucessfully submitted".. just showed an error message.. so when I tried opting in again.. it said you have already submitted this..
thats all.. how do I know if everything is done.. are we expecting any communication to come through?
Can you please help me ?

I cannot find opt-in option?

How do I apply?

Thanks in anticipation

NamesAreHard

Apr 11, 2023
Same, I tried 3 times in the morning where they said they are experiencing tech difficaulties. I was gonna try in the afternoon then there's a message saying I already opt-in.

KB_Asks

Aug 24, 2021
Following!

Also received an error message once I clicked on "Opt In" for the first time, which said: "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later."

Upon trying again, the form said I had already confirmed my information and opted in. Still, clicking "opt in" again takes me back to an error page. And the loop continues.

Emmanuellynks

Mar 12, 2018
I received a message regarding the work permit extension program 2023. I logged in my GCkey account to opt-in, but the link is not available on my dashboard. Kindly help if you have anyway to resolve this situation.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Same, I tried 3 times in the morning where they said they are experiencing tech difficaulties. I was gonna try in the afternoon then there's a message saying I already opt-in.
I was able to link my application but now I am into the same technical difficulty situation.

I tried twice but same error (we are facing technical difficulties.

Will try after a few hours and see

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I was able to link my application but now I am into the same technical difficulty situation.

I tried twice but same error (we are facing technical difficulties.

Will try after a few hours and see
now it's saying
You have already confirmed your information and opted-in

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I just receive an approval for my extension. But they started the 18 months counting today. My PGWP was expiring this September 2023. The approval for the 18 months is dated today, valid until 12 October 2024. So basically I got a total of 13 months extension.

I also have a pending closed WP application, under my OINP nomination. Submitted last September 2022, I have no update whatsoever...

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I just receive an approval for my extension. But they started the 18 months counting today. My PGWP was expiring this September 2023. The approval for the 18 months is dated today, valid until 12 October 2024. So basically I got a total of 13 months extension.

I also have a pending closed WP application, under my OINP nomination. Submitted last September 2022, I have no update whatsoever...
Did you get approval by email?

When did you apply?

Was it an opt-in option you applied?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Did you get approval by email?

When did you apply?

Was it an opt-in option you applied?
Yes, just received my approval today. I received an email from IRCC to check my GCKEY account. And under my PGWP application record, my existing PGWP document shows invalid and a new document dated today showing valid until October 12, 2024.

I opted in on April 6, 2023.

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Yes, just received my approval today. I received an email from IRCC to check my GCKEY account. And under my PGWP application record, my existing PGWP document shows invalid and a new document dated today showing valid until October 12, 2024.

I opted in on April 6, 2023.
Did you get any new correspondence letters under the "messages about my application" section? I heard some people did, but I don't have anything new there.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Did you get any new correspondence letters under the "messages about my application" section? I heard some people did, but I don't have anything new there.
Yes, I got the "In Canada Approval Letter" message.