+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Permanent Resident waiting for PR card

Nabeel123

Nov 18, 2018
Hi,

I sponsored my spouse and she entered Canada approx four months ago and we still haven't received her PR card. We need to travel outside Canada for sisters wedding. My understanding is that she cant enter Canada without the PR card. What are my options? How do I follow up why it taken so long? Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

I sponsored my spouse and she entered Canada approx four months ago and we still haven't received her PR card. We need to travel outside Canada for sisters wedding. My understanding is that she cant enter Canada without the PR card. What are my options? How do I follow up why it taken so long? Appreciate the help.

Thanks,
She can enter once she gets to a Port of Entry. It's getting on the plane that's going to be a problem.
She needs one of the following.
1) a valid PR card.
2) a valid PR Travel Document
3) a US passport
4) to cross the land border with the USA.

Contact the IRCC Call Centre for information on Monday.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi,

Thanks,
Did you not notice that Canada post is being hit by strikes at the moment so there is a massive backlog of mail.

No harm in calling a IRCC though if you can get through