AOR Received.
23-09-2019
Med's Request
08-10-2019
Med's Done....
04-12-2019
Interview........
15-01-2020
Hi everyone, I am having trouble understanding how long it will take to receive my PR card. Normally I know they say you would receive it within 45 days of landing, but I also expect that the pandemic is slowing everything down.

I landed in mid August and have applied for my driver license, provincial health, et cetera - but all need the physical PR card to be activated or issued. I tried to check processing times and the site said 128 days for a new PR card application. I don’t know if I’m looking at the correct thing.

Would anyone be able to point me toward additional sources of information or clarity on this issue? Thanks for any info.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I am having trouble understanding how long it will take to receive my PR card. Normally I know they say you would receive it within 45 days of landing, but I also expect that the pandemic is slowing everything down.

I landed in mid August and have applied for my driver license, provincial health, et cetera - but all need the physical PR card to be activated or issued. I tried to check processing times and the site said 128 days for a new PR card application. I don’t know if I’m looking at the correct thing.

Would anyone be able to point me toward additional sources of information or clarity on this issue? Thanks for any info.
You don’t really need a PR card to function in Canada as you have seen. If you are wanting to leave Canada you may no longer qualify for a health card.