+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New pathway to permanent residency international graduate question - IELTS question

priya_98

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi,
i have completed my 2 year post graduate diploma and currently on work permit. i recently started working in gas station. i dont have complete one year work experience.

I have ielts test result which academic that i did when i was appliying for my study in canada. these test results are from 2017.

given current situation, i dont think i would be able to book one and get results on time. i was thinking if i should apply with my old ielts test results now and later submit my fresh ielts results when i give general ielts exam. Can i do this way?

please advise.

Regards
priya

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Hi,
i have completed my 2 year post graduate diploma and currently on work permit. i recently started working in gas station. i dont have complete one year work experience.

I have ielts test result which academic that i did when i was appliying for my study in canada. these test results are from 2017.

given current situation, i dont think i would be able to book one and get results on time. i was thinking if i should apply with my old ielts test results now and later submit my fresh ielts results when i give general ielts exam. Can i do this way?

please advise.

Regards
priya
ielts academic is not acceptable for immigration, only general. Plus expired results are not valid anyways.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,

please advise.

Regards
priya
This is one of the requirements on the programs website. It clearly mentions people need to meet the requirements to apply.

1. Have submitted an application for permanent residence using the forms provided by the Department for this public policy and which must include at the time of application all proof necessary to satisfy an officer that the applicant meets the conditions (eligibility requirements) of this public policy, except for evidence required to demonstrate physical presence in Canada at the time of application approval;
So in short, IRCC does say that you need the valid documents or else the application may not be processed.

mikeymyke

Apr 24, 2021
You need to get a spot for either IELTS or CELPIP right away, otherwise your chances of getting into this program are extremely slim. They only accept GENERAL tests. Just keep checking CELPIP for leftover spots. I did that today and had my appointment got moved from Jun 29 to May 7.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
IRCC can ban you for providing wrong information. This is called "Misrepresentation". Don't try out these kind of dumb ideas. You have education points and you are on work permit. You will get it in near future if not now. Have patience and don't stress out. Book a next test date and get good bands. There will be many draws until December. In the mean time, keep trying to get NOC 0, A, or B job. Thanks!