10-06-2012
Passport Req..
03-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-11-2012
Hello everybody,

I currently have my application in process at Paris VO and my medical have been sent two weeks back.

The thing is that I just had to renew my passport as on the previous one all the pages got filled up with visas and stamps, do you think I should notify the VO and sent them a copy of the new issued passport or it is not required ?

Thanks in advance

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heliosdz said:
Hello everybody,

I currently have my application in process at Paris VO and my medical have been sent two weeks back.

The thing is that I just had to renew my passport as on the previous one all the pages got filled up with visas and stamps, do you think I should notify the VO and sent them a copy of the new issued passport or it is not required ?

Thanks in advance
You have already sent your Med reports. Have you send the old PP that has no pages left? In that case you will have to send the new PP immediately.

Mitali

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
Heliosdz said:
Hello everybody,

Thanks in advance
Renew of passport means extension of validity....re-issue mean issue of New passport with new Passport Number. in both the cases previous Passport is deemed cancelled the day one apply for new one. If u have got PPR and u have submitted the old passport then notify immediately and send new one today only or u may be in truble.

If PPR is still to come then dont forget to submitt both the passports

Heliosdz

Jun 3, 2012
Perth
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2006
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
23-02-2007
Med's Request
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
03-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-11-2012
Thanks guys for the replies, I just had my medical results submitted and just paid the fees for PR.
Do you think they will accept a scanned copy by email or do I need to mail a hard copy?

Thanks

jameskutty

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heliosdz said:
Thanks guys for the replies, I just had my medical results submitted and just paid the fees for PR.
Do you think they will accept a scanned copy by email or do I need to mail a hard copy?

Thanks
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.

Heliosdz, you do not have to do anything at this point. When your PPR comes, send both your passports. They'll stamp the new one with your immigrant visa and return both. I had the same situation as yours but went for an in person stamping. They dint even want anything but the new passport.

Hope this helps.

manila07

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Request
March 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Passport Req..
July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 2012
jameskutty said:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.

Heliosdz, you do not have to do anything at this point. When your PPR comes, send both your passports. They'll stamp the new one with your immigrant visa and return both. I had the same situation as yours but went for an in person stamping. They dint even want anything but the new passport.

Hope this helps.
very informative reply, can you pls share your time line

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
Dear fellows.. I have a kind of similar question here.. I just received PPR letter and i am going to send my family's passports in a day or two. However, my passports will be expiring in next year i.e. March 2013.. I want to renew my passports before leaving for Canada.
What you guys suggest? Some friends have advised me to renew my passports once i got the VISA.

jameskutty

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manila07 said:
very informative reply, can you pls share your time line

Applied to CIC, Nova Scotia : Jun-2010
AOR from CIC, Nova Scotia : Oct-2010
Submitted docs to Buffalo, NY : Jan-2011
AOR from Buffalo, NY : May-2011
Medical Request : Mar-2012
'Medicals received' updated : Apr-2012
Passport Request : May-2012
Stamping : May-2012

jameskutty

Jun 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mythestic said:
Dear fellows.. I have a kind of similar question here.. I just received PPR letter and i am going to send my family's passports in a day or two. However, my passports will be expiring in next year i.e. March 2013.. I want to renew my passports before leaving for Canada.
What you guys suggest? Some friends have advised me to renew my passports once i got the VISA.
First of all find out if you can renew your passport one year before expiry. Some countries allow renewal only within the last 6 months.

You should know that valid visas in expired passports continue to remain valid, until the Visa itself expires. You would have to carry the old one and new one while traveling with such visas. That said if you are really sure that you can renew your passport, get possession of the new one and can ensure that it will be submitted within the 90 days that your Visa office might have given you, renew it. Else get the Immigration Visa stamped and then renew.

You should also know that if you submit your current passport, your Visa office will set your immigrant Visa to expire before the expiry of that passport - March 2013 or the first anniversary of your medicals (the earlier of the two). So you would then have to complete landing by March 2013.

The choice is finally yours.

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
jameskutty said:
First of all find out if you can renew your passport one year before expiry. Some countries allow renewal only within the last 6 months.

You should know that valid visas in expired passports continue to remain valid, until the Visa itself expires. You would have to carry the old one and new one while traveling with such visas. That said if you are really sure that you can renew your passport, get possession of the new one and can ensure that it will be submitted within the 90 days that your Visa office might have given you, renew it. Else get the Immigration Visa stamped and then renew.
h
You should also know that if you submit your current passport, your Visa office will set your immigrant Visa to expire before the expiry of that passport - March 2013 or the first anniversary of your medicals (the earlier of the two). So you would then have to complete landing by March 2013.

The choice is finally yours.
I see.. I will find out, if my country allows the renewal before the last 6 months.. I intend to depart for Canada in September 2012, so i was thinking, maybe i can get my passports renew once i get the VISA.. n i will be bringing my old one and new one both to Canada.
Do i need to inform the CIC about the renewal, after my Visa stamps?
Many thanks for your kind suggestions mate..

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
mythestic said:
I see.. I will find out, if my country allows the renewal before the last 6 months.. I intend to depart for Canada in September 2012, so i was thinking, maybe i can get my passports renew once i get the VISA.. n i will be bringing my old one and new one both to Canada.
Do i need to inform the CIC about the renewal, after my Visa stamps?
Many thanks for your kind suggestions mate..
its always a better option to give CIC atleast 1 years of validity otherwise they ll not allow u spare time of say 1 year to enter Canada....they will allow ur little less then the validity of current Passport. In ur case it seems that u intent to depart in September then u can send ur current passport...later once u get the stamped passport back, immediately apply for new one as it will be difficult to get in re-issued in Canada if u travel with less validity.....

There is no need to inform CIC about the renewal after the visa stamping...
Just carry the both together...
Cheeeeeers

Tawakal

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/06/2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30/08/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
30/08/2011
Med's Request
22/06/2012
Med's Done....
16/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
5/04/2013
LANDED..........
June,2013
Friends I have also similar problem that I got MR on 22/06/12 and my wife and two kids passports will expire in April and May 2013 respectively. I am not sure that after medical should I just renew passports & inform CIC or wait for passport requests and then renew and keep both? I want to land in July 2013.
Please advise!

Sherin

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Heliosdz said:
Hello everybody,

Thanks in advance
Hi,
You are required to inform VO and send them a copy of your new passport. On passport request
for visa issuing, you need to send your new passport (together with a copy of your old one, if you want to
do so).
Sherin

Allegra66

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Heliosdz said:
Hello everybody,

Thanks in advance
Well, I was in the same situation although with the London VO earlier this year. My old passport had expired soon after my medicals so I sent an email notifying my VO explaining the situation and then I applied for my new passport and did not do anything until my new passport arrived which was blank but they had copy of the previous one which they could see clearly as well as on my Police Certificate, the expiry date. I had no problem and they stamped my passport back in March and I am now in Canada.

manu123

Jun 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Mar-2010
File Transfer...
08-JUN-2010
Med's Request
08-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2012
Passport Req..
08-Nov-2012
Hi Guys,

I have a simliar issue as well.
I am waiting for my Medical and just got my son's passport re-issused ( as it got expired ) .
Should I inform VO or wait for Medical to come ( now question is, can my son do Meical on the cancelled passport) and then send both the old and new passport of my son?

Regards
manu