+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New passport requested, as visa not sticking to my passport pages in Bangalore.

innosam

May 13, 2015
I submitted my application last month. Its been exactly a month today. I was told to get my passport verified from RPO(Regional Passport Office) last Thursday, did the same and they verified it as being genuine.
Now, only two before the my travel, i am told that visa is not literally sticking to my passport pages, they actually printed the visa. ;) Immigration Dept has requested to submit a new passport.

Does anybody have idea on this issue, i googled it, but didn't find a single page.
Its very difficult for me to comprehend, that i will be not going because the adhesive is not strong enough.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is strange.... I have never heard of such a situation before.... it's not the adhesive to stick the visa that's not strong because so many applicants have been issued TRVs/visas :)

Passport pages are prepared from special papers with many security features.

Have you been issued visas of other countries for this passport earlier?

You can explain the situation to the RPO.... and submit the request letter for a new passport from the Canada visa office with this.... so that the new passport has the same passport number and validity to match your visa application

Hope this helps

innosam

May 13, 2015
Thanks for the quick response.

This is the first time i will be travelling abroad. I am from India, if the passport is reissued it will have a different id and new validity.
Moreover the passport will take minimum 4 working days to get issued. And, i should have been flying on Saturday :( :(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

No, the passport number and validity will have/should have the same details as your current passport booklet.... this is also important because of your visa application.... also you're not applying for a passport re-issue or renewal but due to a possible problem with the booklet.

My advice is to meet the Passport Officer personally tomorrow.... and not through an agent.... explain the situation with the request from the Canada visa office + previous verification to prove your passport is genuine + your confirmed flight tickets.... if you explain the situation then they can even issue the new booklet within hours.... this is possible for exceptional situations

Cheers :)

innosam

May 13, 2015
Hi
Passport is always reissued in India, whether its exhaustion of pages, or a damaged passport.
I hope they can find some way to stick the visa to the passport pages.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your passport situation is very unique.... it cannot be classified as "Damaged Passport" for which a Passport Re-issue is required

You may want to check Question 36 (in the link below) for "Damaged Passports"
http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/faqServicesAvailable

You can either meet the Passport Officer to obtain a new booklet.... and yes, it is possible to obtain a new booklet with the same passport number and validity as your current booklet.... to the best of my knowledge, passport booklets are NOT pre-printed with passport numbers.

Or you can continue to hope that the visa office finds a suitable adhesive to glue your visa LOL

It's your call..... good luck

innosam

May 13, 2015
Yes, i confirmed there is no renew procedure in India. I am just hoping against hope that Canadian immigration will find a way to stick the visa.

innosam

May 13, 2015
They said some sort of substance that has saturated the pages to prevent the counterfoil adhering. So, new passport is needed to affix the visa. I am getting a new one now :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is what I had been saying all along.... you need a new passport booklet

btw you could have faced other problems if your current passport booklet cannot be read by a passport reader machine at airports (and if your passport does not appear as genuine)

All the best :)