+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New passport post ITA - India and PCC

Varshagoenka

Mar 9, 2017
hello all,

My husband and I received ITA on 22nd Feb,2017 . I got done with PCC in one day as i had already renewed my passport and done with police verification.
my husband has also got done with PCC. seeing this post i have a query in mind!

My husband's passport does not have my name under ( name of the spouse ) but still got PCC cleared.
does he need to update and add the spouse name and get another PCC done?

anishtrip

Jan 16, 2017
I have received my ITA and will start preparing all the documents.

Have a doubt and hoping someone can help me.

I am the primary applicant with accompanying spouse. I do not have my wife's name on my passport, but she has my name on her passport.

Is it mandatory to have her name on my passport?

If Yes then, Is there a work around? I do not want to apply for a new passport now.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Varshagoenka said:
hello all,

My husband and I received ITA on 22nd Feb,2017 . I got done with PCC in one day as i had already renewed my passport and done with police verification.
my husband has also got done with PCC. seeing this post i have a query in mind!

My husband's passport does not have my name under ( name of the spouse ) but still got PCC cleared.
does he need to update and add the spouse name and get another PCC done?
I don't know exactly whether addition of spouse's name in passport is mandatory or not.
But yes, i would say that better get it done while u are in your home-country, since once u are in Canada, it will be quite difficult to follow that procedure.

However, if u are asked to prove your relationship status with your spouse, then u can surely show your passport and your marriage certificate.

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi All

So i got my new passport yesterday. I will be applying for PCC in a few days.

Now I also lived in UK for a year and asked ACRO to send me the PCC based on my previous passport which was then valid until 2 days ago.

So is that ok now that UK will send me a PCC based on my old passport and I have a new passport now? CIC should not think otherwise.

Any views people?

KST06

Nov 12, 2016
Hello

I dont think there is much standardization on whether one needs to add spouse name before getting your PCC.
I got my PCC without my spouse name but when my wife applied they declined. Then we went to a different PSK where her case was accepted. Sounds funny

Just one quick query- My medical is scheduled for tomorrow but still i have not completely filled in my details in application form( things like address history, personal history are in process)
Will there be any issue if i get my medicals done before completing that form??? Please suggest

Kapustka

Feb 6, 2017
From a strictly legal perspective - there is no need to add spouse's name on the passport - in India AND in Canada. There is way too much leeway in India, given to the local PSK executives who harass PCC Applicants to get a new passport issued. I'd say, just go to a different PSK if you hit a roadblock at one, in the interest of time.

We are well within our rights to decide if we want to update our last names, add our spouse details or not and that cannot legally be a reason to deny a PCC as long as you have other documents such as a marriage certificate to prove marital status.

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Kapustka said:
From a strictly legal perspective - there is no need to add spouse's name on the passport - in India AND in Canada. There is way too much leeway in India, given to the local PSK executives who harass PCC Applicants to get a new passport issued. I'd say, just go to a different PSK if you hit a roadblock at one, in the interest of time.

We are well within our rights to decide if we want to update our last names, add our spouse details or not and that cannot legally be a reason to deny a PCC as long as you have other documents such as a marriage certificate to prove marital status.
Yes we are well within our rights but then no one can challenge the PSK as they just shut the doors. It is according to their whims and fancies. What can the common man do when he is short of time?Even the police is unaware of the rules and says we depend on the PSK/RPO to tell us how to complete a check for the PCC.

However, I don't think you can get a PCC from any PSK. It has to be either from the current address or perm address as the PSK guys make it mandatory. Although the certificate does not mention location.

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Hey, unable to reply to your PM, as your inbox is full.

Kapustka said:

sroy001

May 18, 2017
Hi guys - I got my PCC done about a month ago. Got my ITA about 10 days ago. Now I have applied for Passport re-issue as it's expiring next year May 2017. Do I need to get another PCC after I get my new passport or I can submit my application with current PCC on current passport?

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
No
Hi guys - I got my PCC done about a month ago. Got my ITA about 10 days ago. Now I have applied for Passport re-issue as it's expiring next year May 2017. Do I need to get another PCC after I get my new passport or I can submit my application with current PCC on current passport?
No u dont need a new PCC.

blahandblah

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Thanks everyone for your responses. will be taking an appointment tomorrow at the psk office. I just hope i get everything on time to submit my application.

Although I still don't agree with the system of changing passport if your address is different or if your personal status changes. Talk about gender equality etc etc this is not the way a country moves forward by making a common innocent citizen run for documents to prove his identity etc...

Anyway thanks guys!
Can you tell me what all docs are required to get PCC done in India?

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hi
Have you got the new PCC?

pintoke88

Dec 12, 2017
Hello

I dont think there is much standardization on whether one needs to add spouse name before getting your PCC.
I got my PCC without my spouse name but when my wife applied they declined. Then we went to a different PSK where her case was accepted. Sounds funny

Just one quick query- My medical is scheduled for tomorrow but still i have not completely filled in my details in application form( things like address history, personal history are in process)
Will there be any issue if i get my medicals done before completing that form??? Please suggest
Which PSK did you go to ?