+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Nigerian on board

adelemama

Feb 4, 2008
What's PNP Oloye? Thanks alot for your replies.They have been very helpful.
One more thing Oloye-are you in Canada? Pls i have some questions to ask.Is there a particular city or province where there is a concentration of 9ja people?
cheers.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adelemama,
PNP means Provincial Nominee Program. Check CIC web for full detail it has to do with your relative nominated you for immigration in the province he/she lives.

I am not in Canada but in Naija working in Lagos but i have some friends that have landed already that have been tapping from their knowledge coupled with experiences and all that i have learnt on this forum.

Oloye

adex

Jan 2, 2008
Adelemama,

Like Oloye said PNP means Provincial Nominee Program but it has nothing to do with relatives.
It is simply a process whereby any of the Canadian provinces or territory can nominate you for permanent residency to work in their territory or province provided you still fulfill all the immigration conditions, that is, your total point is still within the 67 points or above range. To further qualify for this the province or territory inviting you must prove that no Canadian citizen or permanent resident can actually do the advertised job hence the reason for inviting you.
The sweet thing about it is that it is faster than the normal immigration process in fact in some cases it takes less than 6 months to complete if successfully nominated.

For more information check out the following sites:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/provnom/index.html
www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/index.asp
www.gov.mb.ca/labour/immigrate/pnp/index.html
www.immigration.gov.sk.ca
www.ontarioimmigration.ca/english/pnp.asp

Hope this helps.

new man

Jan 16, 2008
mot,
Thanks for the wonderful advise, you see, l've nefa tot of the PNP stuff but now that you have told me (ja mi si) l'll contact my aunt immidiately.

Secondly, would it still be possible to make application for PNP when my application for Skilled Worker is still in waiting?

Please anybodys' suggestion/advise is strongly welcomed.

Once again l thank you all

promise

Jun 28, 2008
MY DEAR NAIJA BROS AND SIS,

I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS DISCUSSION AND I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU GUYS ARE HELPING EACH OTHER, PLS KEEP IT UP.

I AM ABOUT TO MAKE A DECISION TO MIGRATE TO CANADA UNDER SKILL WORKER VISA BUT I AM DISCOURAGE BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE THAT HAVE APPLIED SPENT LIKE 3 YEARS OR MORE BEFORE THEY GET THEIR VISA. ARE THERE ANY THING ELSE TO DO TO MAKE THE PROCESSING TIME A BIT FASTER LIKE 1 YEAR AND SOME MONTHS?
I INTENT USING DAVID COHEN , A LAW FIRM THE OWNER OF THIS FORUM

PLS YOUR ADVICE IS NEEDED AND I HAVE BSC IN ACCOUNTANCY,4 YEARS WORK EXPERIENCE INCLUDING NYSC.
REGARDS.

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
First of all, to all who want to use a lawyer it is not necessary...and just expensive
Second, it does not in any way make the process faster ...except you are not a careful person who fills out the information as requested...Just follow directions and you will be fine
This is what Canadian Immigration says about using a lawyer
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/index.asp

New Process: Good and bad
The good: is that there is a new process effective after Feb 27th which gives power to the immigration minister to identify a list of priority professions which will be processed for residency. So everyone who applied after that date will be considered based on this ...in fact if you apply later you may be processed faster than those who applied 3-4 years earlier! Those who applied before Feb 27th 2008 will still be considered based on the old law existing when they applied (these are the famous "backlog" group) 2008 has been designated a transition year and a lot of applications will not be processed. They have already started the process for determining priority professions today July 7th - check this website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2008/2008-07-03.asp

The Bad: If your profession is not selected, don't even bother to waste your time and resources on applying. They will not give you. The list is supposed to be out sometime this fall (Aug/October)
They will either just keep your application for consideration for another year or simply return it to you

It would be wise not to spend all the money doing police reports, IELTS exams etc and find your application returned or kept on a waiting list! see this link for more information

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/irpa.asp