Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
I am already in Canada, I have a new LMO from a new employer, can I go to the Calgary airport to get my new working permit?
Thanks for your help.
I am from Mexico.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you can't go to an airport. Has to be a land border crossing.

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
Thanks for your kindly answer
So I have walk across to the USA border and back to Canada?
can I apply on line instead?

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
I have been reading in the forum, and I have a lot of info now, thanks.
I am going to drive tomorrow to the border, but before take the 10 hour drive, I want to know if for a mexican it is possible to do the flag poleing thing.

Thanks

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
Thank you very much for your answer, I am going to go next tuesday to Coutts Alberta, my working visa is still good until april 31. And my last working permit end in may so I asm on time.

Regards

JORGER

May 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
cppO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-04-2014
Hi tom. I'm in the same position new LMO from diferent employer, they suggest me to go to the border but I still don't know if is the best option for me, do you need to cross the border to the usa?

tomsniper

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18
AOR Received.
May 19
Med's Done....
April 1
Well I will do it, I will cross and I will tell to the USA authority, that I am getting back to Canada for immigration reasons, and then I will go to the CIC officer.

xredtulipx

Mar 1, 2013
Hi I'm new in this thread and going thorugh many questions in my mind and i'm afraid of not getting mis guide by anyone. I was in Canada last month on a single entry and now i'm in US. There i got a job and a positive LMO for me and my wife i also have a multiple US Visa can i just go to the border with the positive LMO and apply for the work permit at the border? what are the chances to get the WP from there? & what are documents should i take? OR i have a second option i met a lawyer here in US who told us that he will take a 2000$ and we give all our documents to him and he will apply on behlaf of us from LA office. Can anyone please help me in this that should i take a risk & go straight to the border or should i submit my application via lawyer???? are we still getting a WP from the border or it's impossible now days???

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
xredtulipx said:
Hi I'm new in this thread and going thorugh many questions in my mind and i'm afraid of not getting mis guide by anyone. I was in Canada last month on a single entry and now i'm in US. There i got a job and a positive LMO for me and my wife i also have a multiple US Visa can i just go to the border with the positive LMO and apply for the work permit at the border? what are the chances to get the WP from there? & what are documents should i take? OR i have a second option i met a lawyer here in US who told us that he will take a 2000$ and we give all our documents to him and he will apply on behlaf of us from LA office. Can anyone please help me in this that should i take a risk & go straight to the border or should i submit my application via lawyer???? are we still getting a WP from the border or it's impossible now days???
Hi,

You can not go to the border to get your work permit with your LMO and other supporting docs since you're not from visa exempt countries. Here's the link for visa exempt countries: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions. You don't need to hire a lawyer to apply for your work permit you can do it on your own. Website is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp. Instructions are understandable and easy to follow. You'll just waste your $2k for lawyer's fee but still it's up to you.

Good luck :)

xredtulipx

Mar 1, 2013
Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me that can we get the WP from the USA?? or we need to go back to our home country to apply???

romance7895

Nov 9, 2012
xredtulipx said:
Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me that can we get the WP from the USA?? or we need to go back to our home country to apply???
Based on my experience, application should send it to buffalo office by mail. It takes time to get wp more than a month. When you go U.S Border, say that you want to go back to canada to get wp. They will let
you go back to canadian border. There is an immigration office that will give you a wp. Disadvantage to go
directly is to demonstrate and to have interview face to face. If they are not happy with some point, you
will have a hard time to answer their questions. Personally, I recommend to visit there early hour before their
shift. I believe that they shift at 9am. You should be there at least one hour earlier. End of the shift, it's
easier to give wp.

However, if your documents are right, send it to buffalo office. You will get wp much easier but time consuming.