+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New List COMING SOON

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
New List of Occupations for skilled immigration coming up very soon - within the next 2 months.

Here is the link for its official release :::

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-03-16.asp

“The first set of instructions has had a significant impact, but our research shows it is time to revise them to make sure they continue to meet their goals.”

So, people who qualify now - apply ASAP since the NOCs are changing soon enough.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanSun said:
New List of Occupations for skilled immigration coming up very soon - within the next 2 months.

“The first set of instructions has had a significant impact, but our research shows it is time to revise them to make sure they continue to meet their goals.”

So, people who qualify now - apply ASAP since the NOCs are changing soon enough.
Thanks for the update.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://cic.sondages-surveys.ca/s/cons-P/?lang=en

Public Consultation on Labour Market Priorities
for Canada's Immigration System

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanSun said:

Hi CanSun,

Thanks for providing the link. You are Gem to the forum. This is very useful link and I have participated in the survey and put my words.

Thanks once again bro.

bhaveshenee

Oct 23, 2009
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
thanks frenz....

Does this mean that the ppl with the old files will get the faster response than the Fast track holders....

Can you please explain

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the info - my sister still has to apply independantly - she is a chartered accountant with an audit firm and although she qualifies with her NOC right now, she does not have enough experience to obtain points - now i am worried for her because she wanted to wait 1 year to get the required experience points or use us as extra points if we got our PR in the meantime. :(

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
charninder said:
Hi CanSun,

Thanks for providing the link. You are Gem to the forum. This is very useful link and I have participated in the survey and put my words.

Thanks once again bro.
Thanks Charninder. I try and do my part keeping the Canadian perspective in it.

SD -Dont worry - even once they publish the new list, I think Accountants will still be a part of it. Canada has a big shortage of Accountants and so I think they will keep Accountants in the new list for sometime. According to a survey by HRDC Canada, Canada will continue to have skills shortages in Finance, Construction, Hospitality and Nursing areas. So those should still be there after April.

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks CanSun - thats re-assuring!

I took part in the survey as well - just putting in my two cents!

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
March 13, 2010 (June 7 "In Process")
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
July 02, 2010 (sent July16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in Vancouver February 2011 (target)
CanSun said:

thanks Cansun :)

nasim751

Jan 25, 2009
Hi Sun,
What you think about the University Professeor and College Lect? They will keep this two catagory in up comming NOC list?
Nasim
CanSun said:
Thanks Charninder. I try and do my part keeping the Canadian perspective in it.

SD -Dont worry - even once they publish the new list, I think Accountants will still be a part of it. Canada has a big shortage of Accountants and so I think they will keep Accountants in the new list for sometime. According to a survey by HRDC Canada, Canada will continue to have skills shortages in Finance, Construction, Hospitality and Nursing areas. So those should still be there after April.

shiraz.nisar

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
20-08-2010 (1st AOR)
AOR Received.
13-04-2011
Does anyone has any idea about NOC 0213. If that will be available in the new list or will it be dropped.

Does anyone has any information on skill shortage in this NOC category?

Thanks

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion,

CIC should not abandon the old system. However, they can have a list of occupations where Canada is facing shortage and this list can be given priority. They should allow everybody to apply for immigration, whose occupation is there in the NOC. After all, Canada is under-populated country and they also need manpower to face the challenges coming from developing countries like India and China. This will also put a stop on the illegal immigrants entering Canada and sale of AEO (CAN $ 20,000 approx) and CIC can save large people from cheating by so called consultants who are selling fake documents in the name of immigration. If they make things simple more and more law-abiding immigrants will be able to enter Canada in a propoer systematic way and of course Canada will have millions of dollors. Immigrants are also a good source of keeping the economy going on.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any idea what happens to the cases who have already applied under 38 NOC list (and got their AOR) and their NOC may not be in the new listing? Does it mean their full documents review will again take a longer time like the old system? ???

jakram

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Hyderabad(Sindh) Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov'2009
Doc's Request.
Jan'2010
AOR Received.
(2nd)Feb'2010
File Transfer...
30-06-10 to London
mbastudies said:
Any idea what happens to the cases who have already applied under 38 NOC list (and got their AOR) and their NOC may not be in the new listing? Does it mean their full documents review will again take a longer time like the old system? ???
Yup, same concern is mine, it is really a alarming situation!

lapore12

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Check the link below
http://nbbusinessjournal.canadaeast.com/journal/article/655580

Reading the information,I feel that they will keep NOC. 0213 as they need IT people for few more years.