+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New job PNP Applicant with - BOWP

khossain

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hi members,

I was wondering if you guys can help me to understand that situation. I m currently holding a LMO based work permit and I got alberta provincial nominee last year November 2013. I have done my medical and Now, I am eligible to apply for BOWP, as my current lmo based close work permit will be expired in September 2014. So, As I applied under the provincial nominee and based on that CIC will be issue residence visa. So, if i change my job after getting BOWP, is that going to be a problem? As I know, I have to let provincial government if i change my job or marital status changes!!

Have anyone changed the job after they nominate by provincial government? Did you inform the provincial government? One of my friend who told me yesterday, that he heard from this forum that we cant change the job till we get the PR card, As the provincial government nominate you with certain NOC code that also mention on the nominee certificate.

Thanks for reading this!

akapoor

Nov 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
khossain said:
Hi members,

I was wondering if you guys can help me to understand that situation. I m currently holding a LMO based work permit and I got alberta provincial nominee last year November 2013. I have done my medical and Now, I am eligible to apply for BOWP, as my current lmo based close work permit will be expired in September 2014. So, As I applied under the provincial nominee and based on that CIC will be issue residence visa. So, if i change my job after getting BOWP, is that going to be a problem? As I know, I have to let provincial government if i change my job or marital status changes!!

Have anyone changed the job after they nominate by provincial government? Did you inform the provincial government? One of my friend who told me yesterday, that he heard from this forum that we cant change the job till we get the PR card, As the provincial government nominate you with certain NOC code that also mention on the nominee certificate.

Thanks for reading this!
YOu can't change the job until you become PR if your PNP was with job offer. If it was without job offer you can change as many jobs you want.

khossain

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hi Akapoor,

Thanks for your reply!! Let me share you what i got on my nomination letter

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program

NOMINATION

Strategic Recruitment Stream NOC 6212

FOR CIC USE ONLY : WORKER - without job offer

Could you please have a look and tell me whether my nomination is restricted with my position or I can work any employer with any position as long as I have open work permit.

Thanks again!!

akapoor

Nov 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
I think what I understand here that you can work with any employer but particular your position only because you were nominated under that position.
No restriction about changing employers though