+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New IRCC Portal: Login error, multi-authentification link not working

Lyssefjord

May 23, 2021
Hi,

i hope somebody here can help me out and has a solution to my problem.

I applied for a study permit using the new IRCC Portal: https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca
Its a new platform and not connected to GCKey. I submitted everything and paid the fees. The problem now is that i can't access to this portal anymore.

If the location/ IP/ device or whatever changes, this error appears:

With every login attempt I recieve an email which says, that I have to do multi-factor authentification and if this login-attempt was made be me, I just have to click this link.

You think no big deal, just click the link? Ok, but this is what happens:

The link is broken. I got stuck at this point for a whole week now. I've tried everything out, wrote the support (no answer yet), changed the browser, the device, the network... They really just send a broken link :(

Lyssefjord

May 23, 2021
Nobody with the same problem?
Still have no access and its really urgent and i dont know what to do. :( Unbelieveable that they don't fix such technical issues or answer to my ticket.

AlmasNH

Jun 17, 2021
Hello Lyssefjord. I am applying urgently for visitor visa via the same way and have run into same problem.I hope by now you may have resolved the issue. Can I please reach out to you for guidance into the matter?

Lyssefjord

May 23, 2021
Hello Lyssefjord. I am applying urgently for visitor visa via the same way and have run into same problem.I hope by now you may have resolved the issue. Can I please reach out to you for guidance into the matter?
Unfortunately, no i havent found a solution yet. Technical support isn't answering for 5 weeks now and nobody could help me so far. Its definitely a technical problem, and its a shame they do not fix something essential like this.

AlmasNH

Jun 17, 2021
Hey, we were able to log in to our account by resetting the password.If you havent tried yet please give it a go.All the best!

Jul 10, 2021
Hey,
my mates and I have the same problem. Yeah, resetting the password works (you can use the same password).
But no feedback since May! We are pretty worried at this point. Other colleagues used the "old" IRCC pdf form (using the GCKey), they had to go to Vienna for their biometrics, but they got a confirmation and everything...

In the portal it says "no biometrics needed" http://prntscr.com/19z9euv
but when you go to this site (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp) it states, that we have to give biometrics...

Booking flights, applying for residence, ... everything postponed :(

When i get feedback, I will share it here. If you get any new information, pls share too ^^'

Greetings from Germany

PS Lyssefjord, your screenshot links dont work (anymore) [alternative: https://app.prntscr.com/en/download.html]

Jul 10, 2021
Update: To change your password: try this link (https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en) in incognito mode or a different browser and press "Forgot password". should work.

I spoke to someone, who deals a lot with study permits.

She didn't know of this "IRCC Portal", but it look familliar to her and we have an application number, so it's legit.

Her best guess was, to add this application in the normal IRCC Account. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
It can be tricky to log in on this site! Try incognito mode, or a different browser, or deleting your history.
Once logged in you can find the link "add application".

BUT when we entered our details, it couldn't find our application! We tried multiple times, if you have more luck, let me know.

By the way, my Application number ends with "0474". It seems to be a upstream counter. That would mean, that fewer than 1000 people used this Portal for an Application(?). Do you have similar numbers?

tayyab910629

Aug 3, 2021
Hi

Let me help you, This portal uses some Libraries that the Chrome browser blocks it. Please try using Mozilla firefox and you will be able to log in without any issue
i also wanted to know if you got any response of your visitor visa application, i applied and its been 10 days with no update

Lyssefjord

May 23, 2021
Don't want to disappoint you, but i haven't heard anything for almost three months now. No status update, no mail answering, nothing. It's a farce. They promised everybody to get their study permit in time before fall semester starts when applied before May 15th. I did and now my semester starts soon i didn't even recieve the invitation to give biometrics! There is no way I will get my visa in time as I know from experience that even after giving biometrics it will usually take another few weeks to get a final acceptance.

tayyab910629

Aug 3, 2021
Sorry to hear about that,
I applied only from this portal because they asked me one question if I have a Valid US visa, i thought that might help, they normally reply within 7 days from the old portal, my visa is a Visitor visa.

tayyab910629

Aug 3, 2021
Hi, did you get any update on your application on the new portal?
Hi @orwell46
I applied for a Tourist visa on 25 July and it's still pending, one of my friends applied for a conference visa on October 3rd and he already got a refusal, it means they are processing only other category not Tourists visas.. not sure.

How about your application?

-MJ-

Dec 14, 2017
Hi guys,

I as a permanent resident and applied under family reunification on behalf of my parents. I submittted application on Dec 09, 2021 on new portal and got the acknowledgment letters immediately. The letters contain the application numbers and the table which I have pasted below got updated just after the submission. But later on when I signed in, I can't see the application no. Next day, I got an email that I received a message in my account for biometrics instruction letter. But I am unable to check the status and messages. Any one faced similar issue ?

Application type

Application number

Applicant name

Date submitted

Current statusAction
Visitor visa applicationNot availableDecember 9, 2021ApplicationStatus.InProgressPending
Visitor visa applicationNot availableDecember 9, 2021ApplicationStatus.InProgressPending

tayyab910629

Aug 3, 2021
Did you get your Visit VISA
No, it's still pending, there was news that if someone applied before the 7th of September they need to apply again so I applied again.. and so far no response of the 2nd application, then i thought i should try the old portal GC one. and submitted a new application in Feb 2022 and still no response,. my 3 applications pending with no result