+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New information in ATIP notes

rampager

May 19, 2011
So I ordered my GCMS notes through ATIP a month ago and got them today morning (exactly 30 days later).

Some new information has appeared since I last got them about 5 months ago.

A little background,

Application sent- Dec 2011
RQ received - Feb 2013
Notice to Prepare - Dec 2013
FOSS/RCMP clearances expired in Dec 2013 and have still not been renewed, so waiting for the test...

First, in the Notes section:

Created Date: 2013/12/04
Office: St.Clair CIC
Description: 'OB 407-D Triage - residence concerns to be assessed at interview. TM'

Also, while the Events section used to be empty, now it has some information:

Created Date: 2013/12/17
Created By: C7717
Event Type: Citizenship Interview
Event Local Time: 2014/07/01 00:00

Does this mean my test is in July,? The correspondence is the Notice to Prepare letter?

Appreciate any insight as always.

winterman

Dec 30, 2013
I also ordered ATIP and my timeline is similar to yours except mine was few months after you. MY notes also show exactly same thing. Scheduled exam for 2014/07/01 at 12:00. If you think, you will realize that that day is the Canada day and is a holiday. Also the time is at 12:00 am which is impossible to have a test. I called cal center and asked. They told me something that made sense for the first time! CIC is putting some date which is about 6 months after they sent you the notice to prepare for the test. This is the timeline within which they are hoping to have your test scheduled. However, if your background checks tale longer or your office is lazy like ours in Winnipeg you may have your test later. Anyways, it just shows that you are treated as a normal applicant now and just in the line to get the checks done and go for the test :)

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
Guys can you please provide a procedure on how you get these notes?

Thanks!

esteem

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
tstarks said:

Thanks!
Google "Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request" . I'm not allowed to post links here. You can request your Citizenship file under ATIP.

winterman

Dec 30, 2013
toto1234

Even though you might be right and I hope you are, I think there are many factors involved here. Looks like some offices are moving quick e.g. St. Clair, Edmonton, Vancouver. But if you are like me sitting in Winnipeg you may expect longer wait time. Also if you apply as family and if you are a man from a specific country that interests the agencies that do security checking, your case may take longer. Even if your name resembles someone who had a suspicious record, your case will be affected.

What is the basis of your note?

Arman

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tstarks said:

Thanks!
Use this link to order your GCMS notes from CIC:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Opt for "Privacy Act" and it should be free.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rampager, I have exactly the same timeline and the same notes, I got mine today, please keep in touch

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
torontonian2003 said:
Use this link to order your GCMS notes from CIC:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Opt for "Privacy Act" and it should be free.
Thank you very much. Where did you guys get the "File Number" or "Location" from? My file is still in Sydney so should I put Sydney under that?

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tstarks said:
Thank you very much. Where did you guys get the "File Number" or "Location" from? My file is still in Sydney so should I put Sydney under that?
File number is assigned after an application has been transferred from Sydney to a local CIC office.

In the acknowledgment of receipt letter, the only numbers you'll find are your CLIENT ID No. (which is actually the number below your name on the front side of your PR card) and a receipt number (which is not the same as a file/case number)

sept-30

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Hi
When I ordered my ATIP I didn't attached any document , is it ok?o I should request another one ?