+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new immigrant Moving to Calgary, How cargo shipment will be?

Shaz12

May 11, 2013
Dear Members
Greetings from ME!!!!

I'm new Immigrant, landed in Toronto and stamped the "Goods List" by Customs which I supposed to import along. Now, I'm moving to Calgary in the coming month and looking for some info.

1) As new immigrant, will it be like free door delivery of my goods from Calgary sea port customs by "Canada Government"? ( As I heard yes but just want valuable advice/experience from some member)
2) If yes, which Cargo Shipping Company in Calgary will be taken care of my goods? ( I just need name of that particular cargo company to contact)

Thanks in advance, and i'll be really greatful to you members for any advice.

Shaz

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For "Goods to follow" shipments to Canada, I am not aware of any free service by Canadian customs or door to door delivery of shipped items. If you got the B4 forms stamped on arrival, you will get the items free of customs duty. But other charges will apply.

You should first contact your delivery agent and then go to the customs warehouse with your own van or truck to pick up your shipment. You should submit the Original B/L and pay $ 233 towards Handling, Security Surcharge, DDC and Customs Inspection fee to your delivery agent at the destination. One week storage at Customs warehouse is free and after that you have to pay storage charge $ 40 for 2 days and $ 20/day for additional days. Dock charges $40 also is payable. The rates are old and I am not sure whether it is revised or not.

Delivery agent works Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm.

IWD Warehouse - Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm.