+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New forms outland sponsorship questions

Farah1305

May 29, 2018
Hi all,

Thank you for all your feedback to my earlier questions.

i have a couple more I thought i'd put in one place. I'd appreciate any help.

1. In form IMM5406 (Additional Family) do we list siblings and other immediate relatives even if they aren't applying for PR? My husband is the sole PR applicant.

2. In earlier versions of the application there was a section that asked to list travels in the last 10 years. i cannot see in the new forms this question anywhere. Am I missing anything?

3. The form says not to include photos as we've been together more than 2 years and have a child. However we are including them anyway (this is recommended right?).

4. I had our marriage certificates and daughters birth certificate, passports etc all certified by a lawyer when I was in Canada last year. It doesn't matter that it was last year does it?

5. Can I send in my daughters citizenship papers at the same time, or should I send them in first? Will a copy of the papers I sent plus proof of payment be enough?

Thank you again for all your help.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi all,

Thank you for all your feedback to my earlier questions.

i have a couple more I thought i'd put in one place. I'd appreciate any help.

1. In form IMM5406 (Additional Family) do we list siblings and other immediate relatives even if they aren't applying for PR? My husband is the sole PR applicant.

2. In earlier versions of the application there was a section that asked to list travels in the last 10 years. i cannot see in the new forms this question anywhere. Am I missing anything?

3. The form says not to include photos as we've been together more than 2 years and have a child. However we are including them anyway (this is recommended right?).

4. I had our marriage certificates and daughters birth certificate, passports etc all certified by a lawyer when I was in Canada last year. It doesn't matter that it was last year does it?

5. Can I send in my daughters citizenship papers at the same time, or should I send them in first? Will a copy of the papers I sent plus proof of payment be enough?

Thank you again for all your help.
1. In IMM5406.......don't include any of PA cousins, nephews, nieces, aunt, uncles........you should only include the following;

SECTION A- Principal Applicant (PA), Spouse (sponsor)
SECTION B - PA dependants or children (includes Canadian citizen or non-citizens, both accompanying and non-accompanying)
SECTION C - PA brothers, sisters, half-brothers and half-sisters, step-brothers and step-sisters

2. Its not mandatory you fill IMM5562.......except its listed in your country specific requirements

Get your checklist, forms and instructions

3. Photos of your wedding, customary celebrations, engagement, and/or outings are nice to support your marriage/relationship......good to provide them........provide a maximum of 20 photographs.

4. The documents that were certified by a lawyer when you were in Canada last year are okay to include.......it doesn't matter that it was last year.....you actually need copy of the documents, except the checklist specify otherwise........you need certified copy if the documents were not in English or French and were translated........refer checklist

5. Refer...Checklist........if the PA and sponsor have a child together who may have a claim to Canadian citizenship........please include a copy of one of the following for each child with your application:

Canadian birth certificate showing the names of both parents; Canadian passport (biodata page only), citizenship certificate (i.e. proof of citizenship), or proof of application for a proof of citizenship. This will help IRCC confirm that your child does not require immigrant processing.

You need to apply for your child proof of citizenship.......include the proof of citizenship payment receipt with your application......the proof of citizenship and spousal sponsorship are 2 different applications and could be processed concurrently.

Last edited:

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
1. List absolutely EVERYONE on this form, including yourself.

2. You are thinking of the Additional Travels form. You would need to refer to your country specific requirements on the IRCC website to determine if you need to fill out this form.

3. It is up to you.

4. No it doesn't matter because these are not required to be certified at all, regular copies are fine (as long as they are in English or French).