+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
What questions do we answer yes to in order to get the additional points ?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Hey guys some guidance would be much appreciated on this matter. I am working by on creating my express entry profile now it is Friday Nov 25th 9 pm in Canada. I understand it takes some time for the profile to become "active" after I create it. So how long will it take me to be in the pool and my express entry profile to be fully active. I am afraid the weekend will cause a delay and the profile might not be active by this coming Wednesday in time for the draw. Is the system updated on the weekends? I hope my profile is active by this Wednesday! Please help!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aspiring Canadian said:
Hey guys some guidance would be much appreciated on this matter. I am working by on creating my express entry profile now it is Friday Nov 25th 9 pm in Canada. I understand it takes some time for the profile to become "active" after I create it. So how long will it take me to be in the pool and my express entry profile to be fully active. I am afraid the weekend will cause a delay and the profile might not be active by this coming Wednesday in time for the draw. Is the system updated on the weekends? I hope my profile is active by this Wednesday! Please help!
You have more than enough time to have the profile active before Wednesday.

Cheers ;)

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
Hi guys, anyone is in a Young Professional situation? I've been reading but havent seen anything regarding this specific visa..
It's a closed visa exempt LMIA with the name of the employer on it (been working for almost 3 years with same company) so I guess I should receive those extra 50 points, any thoughts?

I did update my profile then it showed "updated". Logged out and logged in back and it shows now "transmitted" but no point were added :/ It's been almost 24 hours, here is how I completed my profile:

Does ABC have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
be for full-time and for at least one year
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES

Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:
full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?

YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
YES

Four digit NOC code

JOB TITLE
Abc

Information about the employer or company
How many employers made this job offer?

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
NO

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
NO

Employer or company name

Contact address of employer or company

Intended location of employment in Canada
Province or territory

City
Street name

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

NO

Is ABC currently working in Canada?

YES

Does ABC have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
YES

Is ABC’s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
YES

Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
YES

Four digit NOC code of current work permit

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

(Drop down with 5 options – I chose the last one)

No, my work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific.

Any ideas?? Thanks!!

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesohal2003 said:
Is there an official word from cec about this issue. It would really be unfair for them to have a draw this coming Wednesday without fixing the issue first.
I had and active profile as of 19-Nov-2016. I updated the profile for the additional points but was unsuccessful for few days with various technical issues. In fact I reported the technical issue via the option provided at the top of the page but the response was so generic and helpless.

Then I decided to withdraw so that I create a new profile. I did so and now I got my additional points within 24 hours after profile submission.

I strongly recommend anyone facing technical issues while updating the existing profile, to create new profile instead of waiting for the technical issues fixed.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Ktay said:
Hi guys, anyone is in a Young Professional situation? I've been reading but havent seen anything regarding this specific visa..
It's a closed visa exempt LMIA with the name of the employer on it (been working for almost 3 years with same company) so I guess I should receive those extra 50 points, any thoughts?

I did update my profile then it showed "updated". Logged out and logged in back and it shows now "transmitted" but no point were added :/ It's been almost 24 hours, here is how I completed my profile:

The offer must:
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
YES

full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?

YES

YES

Four digit NOC code

JOB TITLE
Abc

NO

NO

Employer or company name

Province or territory

City
Street name

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

NO

YES

YES

YES

Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
YES

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

No, my work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific.

Any ideas?? Thanks!!
Wait the full 24 hours. You'll get an email saying "your profile has been updated". Check back then.

passion_to_rise

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ktay said:

The offer must:
YES

full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?

YES

YES

Four digit NOC code

JOB TITLE
Abc

NO

NO

Employer or company name

Province or territory

City
Street name

NO

YES

YES

YES

YES

Any ideas?? Thanks!!

Two days back I selected option 3 from last Drop down, but my points did not updated next day, even it was showing transmitted.

So I made change again yesterday by selecting option 5 from drop down. Today I saw my points increased by 50.

What I see in your detail is you have 2 different NOC codes. I am not sure if it is making any difference from my application to yours.

Hope this helps.

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
passion_to_rise said:
Two days back I selected option 3 from last Drop down, but my points did not updated next day, even it was showing transmitted.

So I made change again yesterday by selecting option 5 from drop down. Today I saw my points increased by 50.

What I see in your detail is you have 2 different NOC codes. I am not sure if it is making any difference from my application to yours.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, the 2 NOC codes are actually similar (2282), I've copied from another topic :)
So I've changed and re-updated my profile again earlier so I'll wait another 24 hours as nothing changed after 1 day..

Hopefully I won't have to withdraw and re-submit it tomorrow. :/

S

sutyfornow

kryt0n said:
That's a good score. The points have already dropped to 450 and are likely to drop again soon. You are definitely in with a chance.
When did it drop to 450?

sangoswa

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Ktay said:

The offer must:
YES

full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?

YES

YES

Four digit NOC code

JOB TITLE
Abc

NO

NO

Employer or company name

Province or territory

City
Street name

NO

YES

YES

YES

YES

Any ideas?? Thanks!!
Do you have job offer that mentioned that your company will support you for one year after you get PR?
If not what documnet you are going to submit for job offer ?

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
sangoswa said:
Do you have job offer that mentioned that your company will support you for one year after you get PR?
If not what documnet you are going to submit for job offer ?
I do have an employer letter stating that yes (from January 2015 or 2016 if I recall..).
My points were finally updated this morning after updating my profile a few times over the weekend and I didnt have to withdraw then re-create it :D :D

I'm now at 496, let's hope that will be enough for the next draw. Crossed fingers...

VJP

Nov 15, 2016
Dear Friends,

I am not getting updated score either I put yes or no in following two Qs, I mean 2 and 3.

Could you please suggest me please!

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated

=========================================

1) Do you have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?

Yes, Though it is Open Work permit

2) Is ABC's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?

Yes in the past for 1 year but not now? as it is Open work permit as Dependent

3) Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

Yes in the Past, but not in current Open Work Permit

4) Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

No

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
VJP said:
Dear Friends,

I am not getting updated score either I put yes or no in following two Qs, I mean 2 and 3.

Could you please suggest me please!

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated

=========================================

1) Do you have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?

Yes, Though it is Open Work permit

2) Is ABC's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?

Yes in the past for 1 year but not now? as it is Open work permit as Dependent

3) Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)

Yes in the Past, but not in current Open Work Permit

4) Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

No
You'll only get points if you're currently working on a closed work permit and have been offered a job for that. As you're now on an open work permit, you're not entitied. You also need to change your answer to questions 2 and 3 to no as your current employer is NOT on your permit.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
What are the questions we are meant to answer yes to in we are updating our Canadian education ?