+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOWPR said:
No such thing as a fake LMIA, it would be withdrawn immediately if obtained. You're right, they are not looking for me because I am the best. They are looking for me because they can not find anyone in Canada who can do what I do, proven by positive LMIA. Why should FSW & FST also have extra skills outside of whats related to the job they have been approved for? That's not fair.
No such think as a fake LMIA? hahaha.

You are naive.

I get it though, you're upset that the LMIA may be dropped down - I hope that if you have an LMIA in process, or have already been awarded it, that you will get the 600 points.

My assumption is that anyone with LMIA in process, should get 600 points....but they may not, if they make it so that only those who have been already awarded it get the 600 pts.

BOWPR

Dec 12, 2015
ravdawg said:
Lol. Okay. I have quite a few extended family members who went through the LMIA process - and it was a pretty big farce for them. They all work low-wage jobs, and it's nuts that they would so easily bypass people who are going to be much bigger contributors. I'm not saying they shouldn't have a chance - they definitely should! But in the current system before the upcoming changes, they would be bypassing much more ECONOMICALLY deserving people like my partner, and our other 20 somethings, who are going to be contributing more and for a longer period of time. The new system is much more fair. Someone with only 100-200 points in the core human factors, shouldn't be automatically bypassing someone with 450 points. Now they will be competitive with each other.

For some the LMIA process is difficult, but for many its not that much - and you should be blessed that it worked out how it did, under the context of an economic class.
Nah you see you are missing the biggest point. Your partner is working in Canada in a job that could probably be filled by another Canadian. LMIA holders are working in jobs in Canada that can not be filled by other Canadians. Economically deserving / core human factors is all whiff waff, means nothing in the real world.

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
maria_786 said:
can some one please clarify for the the 3 year post secondary diploma in Canada the additional points r 30 ?or will they b replaced with the current points score for a 3 yr Canadian diploma? also how accurate is the beta version calculator for the score ranking i tried using it (saw the link in this forum) n it gives me 473 points currently i have 443 , also not sure y there is question for sibling being PR or Canadian citizen when it doesn't change the overall points
you will get 30 bonus points on top of your current score so if you stand at 443 today after 19th Nov you will have 473 points. Question for sibling being PR or Canadian citizen does not effect your CRS right now but it might in future. IF govt decided to grant extra points for Canadian siblings.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
BOWPR said:
Nah you see you are missing the biggest point. Your partner is working in Canada in a job that could probably be filled by another Canadian. LMIA holders are working in jobs in Canada that can not be filled by other Canadians. Economically deserving / core human factors is all whiff waff, means nothing in the real world.
Do you think employers actually really tried to get a Canadian? Of course not! Sure they advertised, but in the end they submitted it claiming they couldn't get one. That's the reality.

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOWPR said:
haha, you must know the real world well.

Tell me, do you honestly think the thousands of cooks and restaurant managers with LMIAs, could really only be filled by foreigners and not locals?

Your point is self-defeating. OF course my partners job could be filled by another Canadian, almost all jobs could be filled by other Canadians...but the point is she doesn't require an LMIA.

The LMIA concept itself is faulty, and the government has realized this as many employers use it as a cheap form of steady labour and a pathway to immigration.

They are very clear about this, hence giving 200 points to the higher level noc and only 50 to the rest.

IF you are so special and only there is no one else to do your job like you say, then apply for PNP. You would be snapped up right away i'm sure.

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
BOWPR said:

Ok if some one is doing a job that any Canadian can not do then he/she must have many years of experience or education to acquire that rare skill. if you have any one (experience/educations) them then you dont need lima to get picked up in EE. Previously people were misusing the lmia to get the pr this is the reason why there were so many candidates from 1 particular NOC group who were getting lmia.

clmusic

Apr 28, 2015
kryt0n said:
Have you created an EE profile yet? It sounds like you would get 440ish points. With the LMIA at 50 points, it's very likely you would get an ITA soon.

Also, what working visa do you currently have?
Not yet. I was waiting for this change but it does not help me. Going to take English test and will create an EE profile. My employer is willing to file LMIA for me but it is a hassle process (re-posting the job, waiting time, etc). And now LMIA is worth only 50 points, not sure I want to go that route.
Btw, my WP is valid for 5 years, I have time but I want to get this done asap. If I get CLB8-9, I will have about 470 point without LMIA. Let see the new cut-offs in the next draws.

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clmusic said:
Not yet. I was waiting for this change but it does not help me. Going to take English test and will create an EE profile. My employer is willing to file LMIA for me but it is a hassle process (re-posting the job, waiting time, etc). And now LMIA is worth only 50 points, not sure I want to go that route.
Btw, my WP is valid for 5 years, I have time but I want to get this done asap. If I get CLB8-9, I will have about 470 point without LMIA. Let see the new cut-offs in the next draws.
I'm curious, what kind of WP do you have that it is 5 years?

You obviously are very experienced and/or educated to be getting 470 points! Good luck

BOWPR

Dec 12, 2015
ravdawg said:
haha, you must know the real world well.

Tell me, do you honestly think the thousands of cooks and restaurant managers with LMIAs, could really only be filled by foreigners and not locals?

Your point is self-defeating. OF course my partners job could be filled by another Canadian, almost all jobs could be filled by other Canadians...but the point is she doesn't require an LMIA.

The LMIA concept itself is faulty, and the government has realized this as many employers use it as a cheap form of steady labour and a pathway to immigration.

They are very clear about this, hence giving 200 points to the higher level noc and only 50 to the rest.

IF you are so special and only there is no one else to do your job like you say, then apply for PNP. You would be snapped up right away i'm sure.
Yea looks like I will have to talk to my employer about PNP, will take a couple of months, shouldn't have to do as a LMIA should be more than enough but what ever it takes.

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOWPR said:
Yea looks like I will have to talk to my employer about PNP, will take a couple of months, shouldn't have to do as a LMIA should be more than enough but what ever it takes.
I sincerely wish you good luck, i can only imagine how annoying it would be to lose the automatic ITA from LMIA, to now maybe a less certain chance.

clmusic

Apr 28, 2015
ravdawg said:
I'm curious, what kind of WP do you have that it is 5 years?

You obviously are very experienced and/or educated to be getting 470 points! Good luck
I have over 10 year working experience, got my MS and PhD in the US and had a job (research faculty) there before I moved to Canada. My position in Canada is indeterminate and LMIA-exempt. When I apply for my work permit, they gave me the maximum WP period they could (5 year) and I am not object to the 4 year max. rule.
To be honest, I can get a PR status in the US much easier than in Canada. But I think I made the right choice moving to Canada (talking about that Donal Duck president).

Thank you and good luck everybody.

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clmusic said:
I have over 10 year working experience, got my MS and PhD in the US and had a job (research faculty) there before I moved to Canada. My position in Canada is indeterminate and LMIA-exempt. When I apply for my work permit, they gave me the maximum WP period they could (5 year) and I am not object to the 4 year max. rule.
To be honest, I can get a PR status in the US much easier than in Canada. But I think I made the right choice moving to Canada (talking about that Donal Duck president).

Thank you and good luck everybody.
That is neat! Glad to see a reverse-brain drain of sorts, Canada is lucky to have you. I'd be very surprised if you didn't get an ITA quickly.

I know at least in BC, you would be gauranteed PNP, but not sure how other provinces work. But hey, if you don't have to spend the extra money for PNP, then you shouldn't have to!

It's interesting to hear that for a high-caliber applicant like yourself, that getting a greencard would be easier than PR in canada. I'd say in most cases it would be opposite(Getting a green card in the US is extremely difficult for non-tech or non-highly desirable workers.). Most of the people getting PR in Canada through EE, would not even close to be getting a green card in the U.S. Not better or worse of course, just a VERY different immigration system.

Good luck!