+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017

Jcgo9355

Nov 10, 2014
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

astralsource said:
It was a great meeting with John McCallum. Meeting held on 09 November 2016 at Indian School of Business (ISB), Mohali, Chandigarh, India. Attended by John McCallum (Immigration minister, Canada), Laura Albanese (Immigration minister, Ontario), Lena Metlege Diab (Immigration minister, Nova Scotia).
Highlights of the meeting :
1. Canada wants more immigrants in coming months to grow their economy. And there will be rise in immigrants in future as well.
2. Canada will make it easier for International students (foreigners who study in Canada) to get PR by giving them extra points in Express entry, and reducing points from LMIA and PNP. This change coming very soon, in the matter of week(s).
3. Global talent strategy - faster processing times for High skilled immigrants in IT sector.
4. Reduction the processing time for family reunification (currently 2yrs). Change coming in few weeks.
5. Ontario PNP Entrepreneur and French speaking stream to open soon. OINP Express Entry stream to open in coming days. Working on reducing processing time.
6. Next draws will see more ITAs. 4-5 more draws till 2016 end. CIC intentionally doesn't disclose the date of draws in advance and it will remain like this.
7. Nova Scotia coming with program which will allow international students to take admissions in high schools (11th,12th standard) directly after 10th standard before taking admissions in colleges/ universities

List of all videos:
1. https://youtu.be/JZPnFqST6rc
2. https://youtu.be/T9BAf1L8ock
3. https://youtu.be/XRXvk3FHUuU
4. https://youtu.be/Z_9BHFjFoHY
Hi Astralsource,

Thanks for sharing, could you please kindly tell me where in the videos you heard there will be another 5~6 draws in 2016? with increasing amount of ITAs? because I went through the 4 clips, but I don't think I heard that.

Best Regards

JS

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Jcgo9355 said:
Hi Astralsource,

Thanks for sharing, could you please kindly tell me where in the videos you heard there will be another 5~6 draws in 2016? with increasing amount of ITAs? because I went through the 4 clips, but I don't think I heard that.

Best Regards

JS
Holy Crap!! 5-6 draws??? That's almost one draw a week. Seems too good to be true. :D

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOWPR said:
No idea what you're talking about. You haven't gone through the LMIA process nor has your partner. You are not an employer either so how can you comment on the needs of employers, and yea I am angry with every right to be. The change is not fair, anyone who has actually gone through the LMIA process will understand that.
Lol. Okay. I have quite a few extended family members who went through the LMIA process - and it was a pretty big farce for them. They all work low-wage jobs, and it's nuts that they would so easily bypass people who are going to be much bigger contributors. I'm not saying they shouldn't have a chance - they definitely should! But in the current system before the upcoming changes, they would be bypassing much more ECONOMICALLY deserving people like my partner, and our other 20 somethings, who are going to be contributing more and for a longer period of time. The new system is much more fair. Someone with only 100-200 points in the core human factors, shouldn't be automatically bypassing someone with 450 points. Now they will be competitive with each other.

For some the LMIA process is difficult, but for many its not that much - and you should be blessed that it worked out how it did, under the context of an economic class.

teekayx

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
Thanks. Will be great if they have 5 to 6 rounds this year and is reasonable because the targets they have set for 2016 is still a million miles away i think.

Got a point though related to the actual topic of the thread I'd like to clarify

section 21(d) says
(d) 25 points, if the foreign national has two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on completion of a postsecondary program of three years or more, and is assessed overall in their first official language at level 7 on all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9; and
Does this simply mean CLB 7 <= score < CLB 9?

Secondly, current standing ministerial instruction section 21 doesn't offer any extra points for having a professional degree / masters / doctorate.

But I guess that has been corrected in the amendments with distinct slabs included for these degrees and not just classifying all of it as post secondary programs and their nos.
(d) 25 points, if the foreign national’s proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 7 or higher in all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9 and they have
  • (i) two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more,
  • (ii) a university-level credential at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
  • (iii) a university-level credential at the doctoral level; and
(e) 50 points, if the foreign national’s proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 9 or higher in all language skill areas and they have
  • (i) two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more,
  • (ii) a university-level credential at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
  • (iii) a university-level credential at the doctoral level.
I already have skill transferability factor @ 75 points. If I earn 50 points from this new amendment, does it become 125 points or does it top out @ 100 as the ceiling?

BOWPR

Dec 12, 2015
kryt0n said:
I went through the LMIA process and it is a complete sham.

The employer isn't looking to hire the best for the job, they want you. They will write anything to prove they want you. Not in an underhand way, but because they believe you are best for the job as you have likely been doing it for 1year +.

Unfortunately as the old 600 points pretty much guaranteed an ITA if approved, the system was abused. Some people even paid $1000's to get these fake LMIA's. Now it is at 50 points, the worker must also prove their other skills are backed up.

I believe this is a fair system, and my LMIA was refused!!
No such thing as a fake LMIA, it would be withdrawn immediately if obtained. You're right, they are not looking for me because I am the best. They are looking for me because they can not find anyone in Canada who can do what I do, proven by positive LMIA. Why should FSW & FST also have extra skills outside of whats related to the job they have been approved for? That's not fair.

teekayx

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
section 21(d) says
(d) 25 points, if the foreign national has two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on completion of a postsecondary program of three years or more, and is assessed overall in their first official language at level 7 on all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9; and
Does this simply mean CLB 7 <= score < CLB 9?
Append: I meant section 21(d) of the current standing ministerial instruction when i quoted 'section 21(d) says..'

Mo Adam

Nov 11, 2016
Hi guys
I studied Fast track Diploma program for 2 years in Centennial College in Toronto. However, I graduated with 3 years diploma because I started from the second year.
Here below is Program Overview:
The Food Science Technology (Fast-Track) program grants qualified college or university graduates direct admission into year two (semester three) of the three-year program and sees them receive their advanced diploma in two years (four semesters).
In this situation, how many points will get extra? 15 points because I studied 2 years or 30 points because I graduated with 3 years diploma program?
Thanks in advance

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
can some one please clarify for the the 3 year post secondary diploma in Canada the additional points r 30 ?or will they b replaced with the current points score for a 3 yr Canadian diploma? also how accurate is the beta version calculator for the score ranking i tried using it (saw the link in this forum) n it gives me 473 points currently i have 443 , also not sure y there is question for sibling being PR or Canadian citizen when it doesn't change the overall points

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Mo Adam said:
Hi guys
I studied Fast track Diploma program for 2 years in Centennial College in Toronto. However, I graduated with 3 years diploma because I started from the second year.
Here below is Program Overview:
The Food Science Technology (Fast-Track) program grants qualified college or university graduates direct admission into year two (semester three) of the three-year program and sees them receive their advanced diploma in two years (four semesters).
In this situation, how many points will get extra? 15 points because I studied 2 years or 30 points because I graduated with 3 years diploma program?
Thanks in advance
i believe 30

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
BOWPR said:
No such thing as a fake LMIA, it would be withdrawn immediately if obtained. You're right, they are not looking for me because I am the best. They are looking for me because they can not find anyone in Canada who can do what I do, proven by positive LMIA. Why should FSW & FST also have extra skills outside of whats related to the job they have been approved for? That's not fair.
I'm confused by what you are implying. When I applied for my lmia I was still classed as a fsw.

The point of an lmia is to find a Canadian for the job. There probably are Canadians who would be better at the job than you however your boss likes you so wants to keep you.

Before, a cook could get his boss to pretend he is a supervisor to give him an lmia and therefore, pr. I have friends who did this. I know a lot of people who did this. Lots of them quit their jobs the second they got pr.

Now the points change means that an employer will genuinely fight for you if you are the right one. It means you must also bring strong skills to the table.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
aircanada said:
I don't understand this post.
It's good karma. People have [good][poor] under their pictures. If you like something, click good.

+1 means a person likes what was just said.