+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

DeepDee

Nov 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HKK_13! said:
Dear All,
The below link may help - it is the beta version to calculate your revised CRS points (which will get revised post 19 Nov 2016) - It may give some of you the insight on the probability to get an "invitation to apply" for PR - Canada.

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Hope this helped. :)
Thank you

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Looks like it's working now :D
I do not think that the calculator is working correctly. It has not assigned any points for my Foreign Education as it is assessed Master's.

Imranyasin

Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will be there any changes in the Express Entry pool qualifying points as well, I mean the 67 out of 100 points criteria ?

Chiptole

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imranyasin said:
Will be there any changes in the Express Entry pool qualifying points as well, I mean the 67 out of 100 points criteria ?
Don't think so. Never heard mentioning abt it

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Guys i appreciate your help here,both me and my spouse have professional degree,no canadian experience,i have more than 3 years of foreign work experience clb 10 in 3 modules and clb 9 in one and my spouse has overall of 6.5 in ielts,should we expect any increase in scores with the new rules??

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Wolverine17 said:
Guys i appreciate your help here,both me and my spouse have professional degree,no canadian experience,i have more than 3 years of foreign work experience clb 10 in 3 modules and clb 9 in one and my spouse has overall of 6.5 in ielts,should we expect any increase in scores with the new rules??
Unless you got your degree in Canada, then no extra points.

Imranyasin

Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is IELTS compulsory for your Spouse even if He/She is NOT accompanying you to Canada ?

7 (1) Paragraph 18(2)(b) of the Instructions is replaced by the following:

(b) the foreign national must provide, with respect to their spouse or common-law partner’s first official language, the results of a language test that is approved under subsection 74(3) of the Regulations and provided by an institution or organization designated under that subsection.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
_Aspirant said:
I do not think that the calculator is working correctly. It has not assigned any points for my Foreign Education as it is assessed Master's.
It isn't. It's not giving me points for arranged employment (LMIA).

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wolverine17 said:
Then our chances will be less i believe
only students and people with pnp will get a chance. You can wait till score drops but i dont recomend it

BOWPR

Dec 12, 2015
Reducing LMIA points is a joke. What are CIC trying to achieve by placing those already working in Canada on a LMIA in the same rank as some who've never even been here? Where is the logic in that? The whole purpose of PR based LMIA is to ease access to PR, they may as well just abolish PR / LMIA because its practically worthless by the sounds of whats coming.

I'm not 100% certain but it could be possible as in my case, FSW & FST PR/LMIA holders currently working in Canada without degrees or diplomas could be outranked by a unemployed CEC who's got a 1 year gender studies diploma. How have they made this even possible?

Interesting times ahead.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
Did you see the last question: "Do you have a sibling, relative...in Canada...who are Canadian/Permanent Resident of Canada..."?

That might give points soon. Even for relative, people might get points. Any thoughts?
that question has been there since forever. So far is useless.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BOWPR said:
Reducing LMIA points is a joke. What are CIC trying to achieve by placing those already working in Canada on a LMIA in the same rank as some who've never even been here? Where is the logic in that? The whole purpose of PR based LMIA is to ease access to PR, they may as well just abolish PR / LMIA because its practically worthless by the sounds of whats coming.

I'm not 100% certain but it could be possible as in my case, FSW & FST PR/LMIA holders currently working in Canada without degrees or diplomas could be outranked by a unemployed CEC who's got a 1 year gender studies diploma. How have they made this even possible?

Interesting times ahead.
They give people with LMIA 50 or 200 points and give graduates who completed a 1-year or 2-year program only 15 points and other graduates who completed 3-year or 4-year programs or Master's/PhD only 30 points. I do not see how that change is going to replace LMIA holders with unemployed CEC. Please remember that EE is still a pool where only candidates with highest scores will be selected. Unemployed CEC without skills and work experience and high language scores will not automatically become competitive because of the extra 15 or 30 points.