+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know why but this calculator dropped my scores to 379 now. it was 433 before these new changes Whats going on :eek:

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Cha cha

Oct 13, 2016
Can any one tell me exactly where points are increasing??? am on 465 as per old system. am unable to see the changes even after using new CRS link in this page.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nehasoni said:
I dont know why but this calculator dropped my scores to 379 now. it was 433 before these new changes Whats going on :eek:

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html
That calculator is a beta version.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys relax, take a break. go for a walk or get yourself a girlfriend or a boyfriend or both if you have to. 8)

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ScarletSails said:
You're right - unless PGWP holders get LMIA-supported job offers or they fall under NAFTA or Intra-Company Transfer categories.
This is the issue in my opinion. PGWP is getting screwed again except for the meager points for education which let's face it would not change much.

A person who studied in Canada right after their secondary education and gets a NOC OAB job with one year of experience and near perfect language scores still has very less chances of getting an ITA when I think they will be the people who will become established economically the best.

Please someone prove me wrong.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbss said:
This is the issue in my opinion. PGWP is getting screwed again except for the meager points for education which let's face it would not change much.

A person who studied in Canada right after their secondary education and gets a NOC OAB job with one year of experience and near perfect language scores still has very less chances of getting an ITA when I think they will be the people who will become established economically the best.

I think giving international graduates 30 points is fair.

Here is my profile:

- 1 year of foreign skilled experience in NOC B
- 1 year of Canadian work experience in NOC B
- Master's degree in Canada
- CLB 10
- My spouse has a Bachelor degree completed outside of Canada and CLB 8

My score was 501 before the proposed change, and it was locked on October 19 when I got ITA. With the proposed change, my score is supposed to be 531 (30 points extra for my Master's degree in Canada). Actually, by the time the change comes into effect on Nov 19, my husband will have completed his one year of Canadian work experience, so I am supposed to get 5 more points, making my score 536. Anyway, my score was locked at 501 and I already got ITA, but I just want to share my case to illustrate the fact that CEC applicants can benefit from 15 or 30 points granted on and after Nov 19.

jsingh17

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbss said:

That should change with the implementation of new CRS scoring. The candidate you describe should score 474 with perfect language scores based on the new CRS scoring. 474 is good enough to receive an ITA. I'll end up with 471 myself and expect an invitation soon :D

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Start the letter "Dear Santa, I have been very good this year and called my Canadian brother LOTS..."
Hilarious hahahahahaha

rtir

Star Member
May 6, 2016
The big question is people who have applied with LMIA and waiting for ITA. I am one of them and I feel so helpless now :( Hoping to have a draw on 16th....

Nov 11, 2016
I live in US and have pending asylum and have surrended my passport 6 years ago, that many times hearing was postponed. My fiancé immigrated to Canada and received a PR via express entry. I work for Amazon and just started talking to Canada teams to relocate. I don't have any education degree as I escaped my country when I finished only 2 years, but was smart enough to land a good job in US.

As I have no passport I cannot apply for work permit and visa and my only hope was Express Entry. As I have no education my only hope was LMIA (600 points) and Amazon seems to agree provide one as I'm in senior role and its really very hard to find someone in Canada, even in US.

But today this all is ruined! I see how some of my hairs literarily turned gray, too much stress related to governments in my life

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nikolai Petrov said:
I live in US and have pending asylum and have surrended my passport 6 years ago, that many times hearing was postponed. My fiancé immigrated to Canada and received a PR via express entry. I work for Amazon and just started talking to Canada teams to relocate. I don't have any education degree as I escaped my country when I finished only 2 years, but was smart enough to land a good job in US.

As I have no passport I cannot apply for work permit and visa and my only hope was Express Entry. As I have no education my only hope was LMIA (600 points) and Amazon seems to agree provide one as I'm in senior role and its really very hard to find someone in Canada, even in US.

But today this all is ruined! I see how some of my hairs literarily turned gray, too much stress related to governments in my life
What position do you work for Amazon? IT or warehouse? can you marry your Canadian girlfriend and let her sponsor you? Without any degree, it will be hard to immigrate to anywhere in the world, not just Canada.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
I think reduction of LMIA points from 600 to 200 is quite negligible. +200 points will still get literally everyone an ITA. Not sure what the point of that change is.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
aircanada said:
I think reduction of LMIA points from 600 to 200 is quite negligible. +200 points will still get literally everyone an ITA. Not sure what the point of that change is.
It's only 200 points for 00 senior managers (finance etc). All the other O, A and B NoCs just get 50 points.