+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
If they decide to invite all siblings, where does it stop? A sibling could then bring their entire family. Then a spouse of the newly PR'd sibling will have PR and they could then invite THEIR siblings...

They are committed to giving more points, I'm sure, but I think it needs more thinking through...
Well, not all people in the pool have siblings. Don't worry there will not be any floodgate.

Although I don't have sibling in Canada, I think that those who have siblings will get the good news soon.

Victor1ous

May 24, 2015
It seems to me that the Canadian Government is unlikely to decrease the cut score below 450 or so. This year they maintained the threshold by processing previous years' applications (submitted before EE era), the next one will be marked by significantly higher Canadian graduates numbers, and in the years to come I guess the will introduce siblings points or\and something else. It's actually not very good news for those who have no relatives, education or job-experience in Canada.

Chiptole

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm... So will there be a draw on 16th or not? I was kinda rooting for that ::)

Rimplegill29

Jul 30, 2016
I got positive lmia 2 week before but didn't create express entry profile yet so please tell me that how much score I can get.

sojugeorge_1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
They will add family reunification procedures, atlantic canada program details and raising dependents age to 22, future procedures for parents and grand parent visas, spouses removal of two year wait period, french language points and many more

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Rimplegill29 said:
I got positive lmia 2 week before but didn't create express entry profile yet so please tell me that how much score I can get.
What's your score without LMIA? Unless you're a senior manager (NOC level 00), you will get 50 points for LMIA unless there is a draw before November 19th.

Your socre: Points without LMIA + 50.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Victor1ous said:
It seems to me that the Canadian Government is unlikely to decrease the cut score below 450 or so. This year they maintained the threshold by processing previous years' applications (submitted before EE era), the next one will be marked by significantly higher Canadian graduates numbers, and in the years to come I guess the will introduce siblings points or\and something else. It's actually not very good news for those who have no relatives, education or job-experience in Canada.
I dont think they will award points for siblings as it does not fall in economic immigration stream. And if they do they will not do it now because making changes every day will not be good for their reputation and it is a immigration system not a joke that you can change it everyday. If they make some changes for siblings I think it will be again after 1-2 yrs and whole idea to give more points to siblings is by liberal govt. So if conservatives win in 2019 they will bring it back to where it is now. Because they only support changes for intl students and LMIA cut.

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do some of the applicats end up losing points as well or the new changes
Will only increase the points for some applicants?

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
I dont think they will award points for siblings as it does not fall in economic immigration stream. And if they do they will not do it now because making changes every day will not be good for their reputation and it is a immigration system not a joke that you can change it everyday. If they make some changes for siblings I think it will be again after 1-2 yrs and whole idea to give more points to siblings is by liberal govt. So if conservatives win in 2019 they will bring it back to where it is now. Because they only support changes for intl students and LMIA cut.
Anyone can say what they think.

After all, the slide prevail as it comes from the mouth of the one in charge to make changes and that's what I trust.

Cha cha

Oct 13, 2016
A qualifying job offer is now worth 200 points if the offer is in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupational Classification.
A qualifying job offer is now worth 50 points if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Previously, qualifying job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment were worth 600 points under the CRS. As of November 19, there will be new ways of being awarded either 50 or 200 points without the need to obtain a LMIA (though points will continue to be awarded to individuals with a new or existing LMIA). The new regulations also allow the following individuals to be awarded points for a qualifying job offer.

WHAT DOES THIS MEANS??? A GUY WITH JOB OFFER AND WITHOUT VALID WORKPERMIT, CAN HE BE ELIGIBLE TO EXTEND HIS WORKPERMIT WITH JOB OFFER LETTER, IF HE STILL RESIDING IN CANADA

sojugeorge_1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
FSW candidates get no change in points.? No that is not going to happen as there are something which they intend to announce soon.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Cha cha said:
A qualifying job offer is now worth 200 points if the offer is in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupational Classification.
A qualifying job offer is now worth 50 points if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Previously, qualifying job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment were worth 600 points under the CRS. As of November 19, there will be new ways of being awarded either 50 or 200 points without the need to obtain a LMIA (though points will continue to be awarded to individuals with a new or existing LMIA). The new regulations also allow the following individuals to be awarded points for a qualifying job offer.

WHAT DOES THIS MEANS??? A GUY WITH JOB OFFER AND WITHOUT VALID WORKPERMIT, CAN HE BE ELIGIBLE TO EXTEND HIS WORKPERMIT WITH JOB OFFER LETTER, IF HE STILL RESIDING IN CANADA
No.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sojugeorge_1 said:
What about fast track visa schemes and its procedures.? and lot more
It may be only one statement from Mccallum.
So far nothing official.