+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normally the best things come afterwards. Perhaps they mention students first because of the fewer points they are giving.

Siblings and French may get much higher as these are coming afterwards.

The Express Entry slide was followed as you can see. Additional points will be given for Siblings and French under Express Entry itself with no separate stream, as the slide mentioned.

Family reunification is a different thing from Express Entry which concerns spouse, parents, dependants... Don't get confuse with additional points for siblings under Express Entry with family reunification. There will be no separate stream for siblings, no matter how unfair it seems. After all, it is the Liberals, they tend to give privilege to non-economic things.

ZoobieS

Jun 29, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
Scarborough
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
astralsource said:
https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Geez people, isnt this Campbell Cohen Law Firm's calculator? It is not in any way connected with CIC.
I know this is the calculator from the firm, but this claims to be based on the new changes proposed. Hence tried, but the results are pretty confusing. So asked the forum members.

Anyways, I guess its tad bit early to check. Will wait for more announcements and update on CIC website.

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
I am CEC applicant with more than 2 yrs exp in canada now. Since i am in ICT visa, am i eligible to get additional 50 points after Nov 19th change without providing offer letter from my employer. Can anyone please clarify.

JabNas

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-May-2016
AOR Received.
24 /5/2017
astralsource said:
https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

Geez people, isnt this Campbell Cohen Law Firm's calculator? It is not in any way connected with CIC.
I just got a nightmare looking at my new score on this calculator. I am currently at 437. And this new calculator gave 286 points. Like what? ??? :eek: :eek: It hasn't taken into account my education, work experience and its a complete medley. Trusting CIC to not dash people's hopes. To be able to study in Canada or get a work experience there, we need to first immigrate!!!

sojugeorge_1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Elrud said:
Normally the best things come afterwards. Perhaps they mention students first because of the fewer points they are giving.

The Express Entry slide was followed as you can see. Additional points will be given for Siblings and French under Express Entry itself with no separate stream, as the slide mentioned.

Family reunification is a different thing from Express Entry which concerns spouse, parents, dependants... Don't get confuse with additional points for siblings under Express Entry with family reunification. There will be no separate stream for siblings, no matter how unfair it seems. After all, it is the Liberals, they tend to give privilege to non-economic things.
Read this:

liberal.ca/files/2015/09/A-new-plan-for-Canadian-immigration-and-economic-opportunity.pdf

Watch this:

youtu.be/9QyhsXMvhac

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Elrud said:

I agree This all started from siblings and there are no changes for this category of applicants it is strange.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANDACEC said:
I agree This all started from siblings and there are no changes for this category of applicants it is strange.
So strange, I thought Siblings was a priority for them and he also mentioned last week than more will be done for Francophone by awarding more points under Express Entry. Let's wait for some speech/announcement soon.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
JabNas said:
I just got a nightmare looking at my new score on this calculator. I am currently at 437. And this new calculator gave 286 points. Like what? ??? :eek: :eek: It hasn't taken into account my education, work experience and its a complete medley. Trusting CIC to not dash people's hopes. To be able to study in Canada or get a work experience there, we need to first immigrate!!!
It's not working properly, it wasn't last week actually.

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
sojugeorge_1 said:
Read this:

liberal.ca/files/2015/09/A-new-plan-for-Canadian-immigration-and-economic-opportunity.pdf

Watch this:

youtu.be/9QyhsXMvhac

Also have a look at the following link point 3

pm.gc.ca/eng/minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-mandate-letter

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sojugeorge_1 said:
Read this:

Watch this:

youtu.be/9QyhsXMvhac
Yes, but they decided to award more points for Siblings under Express Entry afterwards, like they decided for students and later they also decided for French. Actually they start implementing reforms for family reunification as it was their promise. But Express Entry is a different thing which they decided to reform for siblings afterwards.

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Elrud said:

Well good news! Can you show me the link for .... Additional points will be given for Siblings and French under Express Entry itself with no separate stream, as the slide mentioned.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi_canada said:
Well good news! Can you show me the link for .... Additional points will be given for Siblings and French under Express Entry itself with no separate stream, as the slide mentioned.
Here it is on CERC website:

https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cerc.ca/resource/resmgr/government_relations/Express_entry_national_stake.pdf

sojugeorge_1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Fostering family reunification.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/rpp/2016-2017/

Even if its not announced now but they will announce it at some point in future.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:

https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cerc.ca/resource/resmgr/government_relations/Express_entry_national_stake.pdf
Did you see?; he followed what he said in the slide. Although there were recommendations afterwards, he did not change his plan on the slide.

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Elrud said:

For siblings they had announced in their parliament report in March 2016. The statement "additional points to siblings" is officially recorded on the government website. The link is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/rpp/2016-2017/ and one other link is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/annual-report-2015/