+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
fatani said:
You are wrong lots of UNIs also accept 6.5 IELTS. And even it is IELTS 7. Then it is overall 7 and you can get overall 7 by getting say 6.5 in listening or 6.5 in reading and 7 in others. For express entry you need CLB 9 across all bands. If you get CLB 9 in reading,writing and speaking and CLB 8 in listening you will still remain short of 50 skill transfer points. And 50 points are lot.
Also consider that fact that univ accepts academic ielts and for immigration you are required to sit for general which is easier as compared to academic.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

CANDACEC said:
I dont agree with you all my frnds who have noc b job with 1 year exp(going to complete 2 years) they never whined because they new sooner or later changes will come. The students who whined were those who barely pass from 1or2 years programe and then work in noc C they were expecting special treatment for them.
But what you are saying is looking a bit exaggerated there will be not many. As you can see the threads before the changes were coming that lots of them were expecting 100-200 bonus points you can past 2-3 days threads regarding intl students and points changing you can see all were demanding more points. Even I suggested 25 bonus points which was fair according to me. But i got replied by them that " just 25 points". They were also saying that majority of students are in the range of 380-400 and just 25 points will not make any difference. And further said "Just 25 points all those discussions and tours and meetings were for just 25 points." Because they wanted 100 points atleast. Lots of them are still not happy saying that 30 points is not enough. If we go according to your analysis most of them should have been happy by now. Because if I were a intl student on 420-425 i would have been happy with 25 or 30 points that will make my score above 450 giving me a good chance then ever before of getting an ITA. So 75-80% students have low scores.

Hugh Janus

Nov 6, 2015
Depends... On IELTS, both academic and general have the same writing and speaking tests. Listening tends to be a bit harder on the general test, because they use all sorts of people in all sorts of situations, talking about topics you had no idea what they were about, which can be confusing. The academic reading is harder, though, because it uses academic style texts to check your reading ability.

All in all, not a huge difference.

ZoobieS

Jun 29, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
Scarborough
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
Has anyone recalculated the scores using the following link:

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

The score seems to be changing with the new system. Any comments/ observations from the group?

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
CANDACEC said:
Also consider that fact that univ accepts academic ielts and for immigration you are required to sit for general which is easier as compared to academic.
Listening and speaking are the same and you need 8 in listening which is not easy to get. Most with good skills gets 7-7.5 in first attempt. And it does not make any different I think general as harder in reading because when you study you read academic essays and other things which are similar you get in academic reading IELTS. And academic grading criteria is easy you need to get 30-31 correct in reading academic to get 7. And in general you need 34 correct to get 7. My friend got 7 in academic in 6.5 in general. Both have its pros and cons

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

CANDACEC said:
So according to your explanation all the students who graduate from 3 year program with CLB 7 and 1 year experience will get their ITA some time Sept next year. I wish you are rite and they all get PR.
And I think people like you and others in this forum think that there are millions of people in the pool. EE year end report showed that there were only 60K active candidates on jan 2016 in the pool. And 25K have received ITAs from them. I think as of now there will be 100K at max will be in the pool including FSW,CEC,FST,PNP and intl students. And you are saying 150K are only students. In these 100K 60-70% will be below 400 points. And you guys are making 150K only students that will have above 450 points. You know when the score not gone below 483 for 6 straight months from april-october 2016. Lots of people were thinking that there will be 5K applicants on 481 and so on. And it took only 1 draw of 1800 ITAs to clear the people in the range of 475-482. People here over estimate a lot.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Yes you are right.
I am speaking about university for master degree. One year university program needs IELTS 7, so CLB 9.
So if you have bachelor from other country, you can enroll for 1 year master program in Canada, to increase your point fast.
fatani said:
You are wrong lots of UNIs also accept 6.5 IELTS. And even it is IELTS 7. Then it is overall 7 and you can get overall 7 by getting say 6.5 in listening or 6.5 in reading and 7 in others. For express entry you need CLB 9 across all bands. If you get CLB 9 in reading,writing and speaking and CLB 8 in listening you will still remain short of 50 skill transfer points. And 50 points are lot.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
ZoobieS said:

The score seems to be changing with the new system. Any comments/ observations from the group?
It's buggy. It's not adding points for arranged employment (LMIA).

sojugeorge_1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
There may be a separate stream for family reunification: where siblings may get added under economic immigrants as they have promised family reunification to its core. As we listen to his last speech in chandigarh , he stated a separate stream for family reunification, so siblings don't loose hope let's wait for coming days. And also in liberals plan they ensured a separate method to fix waiting period,may be making it easier for siblings not to get too much competition as in express entry pool.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
And to further add on if the LMIA system would not have been ammended the scores would have gone up. But noe LMIA only gives 50 points considering 200 points for people who are seniors and will not score in age thus making it level. The scores will fall as Alex and the CIC guy mentioned.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ZoobieS said:

Just tried it and it's not working. Gave me 300. Completely skipped my education scores and transferability scores. It's definitely not working yet.

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
fatani said:
Listening and speaking are the same and you need 8 in listening which is not easy to get. Most with good skills gets 7-7.5 in first attempt. And it does not make any different I think general as harder in reading because when you study you read academic essays and other things which are similar you get in academic reading IELTS. And academic grading criteria is easy you need to get 30-31 correct in reading academic to get 7. And in general you need 34 correct to get 7. My friend got 7 in academic in 6.5 in general. Both have its pros and cons

When students arrive in Canada they start using English as their primary language for communicating with others (verbal/written). When they start working after graduation they still continue to use the same language at their work place. After being in Canada for about 4-5 years I really dont think it will be hard for students to score clb 9 If they can score iltes 7 when they are initially applying for student permit. But again it depend on every individual person how quickly he learns from his surroundings.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017

Geez people, isnt this Campbell Cohen Law Firm's calculator? It is not in any way connected with CIC.