+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Aspiring Canadian said:
OMG! if that is truly the case then I am honestly willing to register for the CELPIP asap and get full marks. I am fairly confident that they gave me less points in writing the first time round. Thanks for that suggestion friend, god bless.
For sure mate, good luck! :)

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Under new regulations, I will be at 450, do I get a chance tho?

Andology

Mar 8, 2015

jes_ON said:
LOL, that is not correct. The language means that i OR ii OR iii - any of the 3 conditions - are eligible for the LMIA-exempt version of the valid job offer bonus. This means that yes, ICT and NAFTA workers will be eligible along with those who hold the LMIA.
Then it should be i, or ii, or iii, not i, ii, or iii. We cant know for sure until the new CRS calculator is out.

hybridin

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014

So is there any way I can actually lose any points after the news changes get applied (an average int student with 2 years of exp here 1 y of exp "there" + shitty celpip score (8/8/8/6). Currently sitting @ 422.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016

Any guess on what cutoff OINP could come up with? I will have somewhere between 450-460 depending upon spouse IELTS score.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Andology said:
Then it should be i, or ii, or iii, not i, ii, or iii.

In English, they are exactly the same thing. We do already know.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html#more-8652

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016

DEEPCUR said:
Any guess on what cutoff OINP could come up with? I will have somewhere between 450-460 depending upon spouse IELTS score.
Wait and watch.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016

hybridin said:
So is there any way I can actually lose any points after the news changes get applied (an average int student with 2 years of exp here 1 y of exp "there" + *censored word* celpip score (8/8/8/6). Currently sitting @ 422.
The only changes are LMIA point reduction and International Student points. Everything else is the same. Unless you have LMIA, I doubt you would lose points because of this.

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021

My thoughts.....The cut offs will definitely increase again because there will be people who might have been at 470 but would now get additional 15 to 30 points and also there are many with ICT VISAs who would get additional 50 points now that LMIA is not required under this category.......It will take some or many more draws to get the cut off back to where it was. :mad:

WILD THOUGHTS!!
My question is will there be a draw on November 16 before changes come into force on November 19th? ??? I think maybe there would be one, in order to clear people who are already sitting with those additional 600 points, just to be fair!! :p

PS:
Suddenly everything is so unpredictable again......Many of you know my husband had to sleep on the couch last week because he had to get just two more points (0.5 in IELTS Listening) and we would have cleared the last cut off 472......What should I do with him now?? :'( :'( :'(

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016

The wait for the next draw will most probably be the most anxious and stressful days of my life! So many variables to affect the number of invites. Will the lower number of LMIA candidates cause the ITA cutoff to decrease, OR will the number of additional international students cause it to stay the same or increase. Although, the turnover for international students isn't as high as LMIA applicants. Only a limited number of students can graduate and gain work experience at a given point in the year.

Sorry for posting repeatedly friends, however as you can probably imagine, I am a mess of emotions over this lol

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ashu1710 said:
The only changes are LMIA point reduction and International Student points. Everything else is the same. Unless you have LMIA, I doubt you would lose points because of this.
That's exactly what I think.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016

nidakh said:
My thoughts.....The cut offs will definitely increase again because there will be people who might have been at 470 but would now get additional 15 to 30 points and also there are many with ICT VISAs who would get additional 50 points now that LMIA is not required under this category.......It will take some or many more draws to get the cut off back to where it was. :mad:

WILD THOUGHTS!!
My question is will there be a draw on November 16 before changes come into force on November 19th? ??? I think maybe there would be one, in order to clear people who are already sitting with those additional 600 points, just to be fair!! :p

PS:
Suddenly everything is so unpredictable again......Many of you know my husband had to sleep on the couch last week because he had to get just two more points (0.5 in IELTS Listening) and we would have cleared the last cut off 472......What should I do with him now?? :'( :'( :'(
a LOT of people with LMIAs are now out of contention. I remember reading in the govt.'s initial presentation in July that ost people with LMIAs are cooks and restaurant managers. Most people with LMIAs have scores netween 250-350 so they're out. PNP will be the same as before, but with Ontario still suspended, most PNPs have probably got ITAs this year already so there will be fewer of them too. Only ICTs with 1 year in Canada will get the points, also a significant reduction in their total number. The main focus in this draw will be PNPs, students, people with high human capital factors + Arranged Emlpyment (LMIA\ICT\Nafta)

calvinwang2012

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014

Alexios07 said:
Brace yourself! the new system is here to stay:

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-11-12/html/notice-avis-eng.php#na1

It's so hot, I am reading it now...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canadian educational credentials

The points that are to be assigned for a Canadian educational credential are the following:

(a) 0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school educational credential;

(b) 15 points:
if the foreign national has an eligible credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program; and

(c) 30 points, if the foreign national has

(i) an eligible credential from a post-secondary program of three years or more,

(ii) an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or

(iii) an eligible credential from a university-level program at the doctoral level.

New information we have gathered so far

• 30 more days for ITA submission -> We know have 90 days or 3 months to submit our application
  • We can see our rankings in the pool
  • LMIA: you only get 200 points if the NOC of your job starts with 00 (LIST here). 50 pts for the rest.

Skills Transferability changes

1. Level of foreign education & Language

a. 13 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
b. 25 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.
c. 25 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
d. 50 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.

2. Level of foreign education & Canadian work experience

a. 13 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & 1 year of CWE.
b. 25 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & 2 or more years of CWE.
c. 25 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & 1 year of CWE.
d. 50 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & 2 or more years of CWE.

3. Level of language & Foreign work experience

a. 13 points for 1/2 years of FWE & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
b. 25 points for 1/2 years of FWE & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.
c. 25 points for at least 3 years of FWE & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
d. 50 points for at least 3 years of FWE & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.

Maximum possible points on Skills Transferability remains 100 (max of 50 in each section).
Hi members,

There are three sections in transferable skills. Does it mean that if I get 50 points in two out of three sections, I'll have 100points as total?

Thank you ;D

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-11-12/html/notice-avis-eng.php#na1

Vol. 150, No. 46 — November 12, 2016

GOVERNMENT NOTICES
DEPARTMENT OF CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION
IMMIGRATION AND REFUGEE PROTECTION ACT
Ministerial Instructions Amending the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, 2016-1

Sam0604

Nov 10, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

No....
lmia is 600 points .. they are not changing that . They are just adding 50 points and 200 points for arranged employment

If you read clearly it says
As of November 19, there will be "new ways " of being awarded either 50 or 200 points without the need to obtain a LMIA "(though points will continue to be awarded to individuals with a new or existing LMIA)."

I guess I am right