+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

10 Paragraphs 22(1)(d) and (e) of the Instructions are replaced by the following:
(d) 25 points, if the foreign national has one year of Canadian work experience and
(i) two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on
completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more,
(ii) a university-level credential at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-topractice
professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational
Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory
body is required, or
(iii) a university-level credential at the doctoral level; and
(e) 50 points, if the foreign national has two or more years of Canadian work experience
and
(i) two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on
completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more,
(ii) a university-level credential at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-topractice
professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational
Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory
body is required, or
(iii) a university-level credential at the doctoral level.
No more skills transferability points for canadian work experience if the applicant only has only one post-secondary credential???

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

BA2LAMAZ said:
Those with provincial nominations remain the luckiest bunch
Not really. People with CRS in 440 range now just waste their $1500 if they have applied for OINP.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

BA2LAMAZ said:
Those with provincial nominations remain the luckiest bunch
still 600 for nomination? ::)

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Asivad Anac said:
Not being made mandatory. Only if the applicant needs those points.
Thanks for Clarification. :) I am happy I am getting 15 more points. I hope that will help in next couple of draws.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017

Alexios07 said:
Not really. People with CRS in 440 range now just waste their $1500 if they have applied for OINP.
Why? They are still getting 600 points.

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09

dan_and said:
What do you mean "if they do it"?

The only lever they have is the number of invitations they issue.

If the number of ITAs stays the same and if the majority of candidates in the pool benefit form these changes in terms of receiving higher points, then of course the cut-off score will rise (all else being equal).
That was not the point of the supposed changes. It was to help different groups. LMIA reduction is a welcome change, the rest, from what I have seen, not so much. International student is in the same place as before. Get more points and raise the limit? haha what's the point of all this then?!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017

Innana said:
That was not the point of the supposed changes. It was to help different groups. LMIA reduction is a welcome change, the rest, from what I have seen, not so much. International student is in the same place as before. Get more points and raise the limit? haha what's the point of all this then?!
Theyve basically given the students an extra year of Canadian work experience points. Seems fair to me.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016

Asivad Anac said:
Skills Transferability changes

1. Level of foreign education & Language

a. 13 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
b. 25 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.
c. 25 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
d. 50 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.

2. Level of foreign education & CWE

a. 13 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & 1 year of CWE.
b. 25 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & 2 or more years of CWE.
c. 25 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & 1 year of CWE.
d. 50 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & 2 or more years of CWE.

3. Level of language & FWE

a. 13 points for 1/2 years of FWE & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
b. 25 points for 1/2 years of FWE & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.
c. 25 points for at least 3 years of FWE & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
d. 50 points for at least 3 years of FWE & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.

Maximum possible points on Skills Transferability remains 100 (max of 50 in each section).
Still looks the same to me. Under the current system:

CLB 9 and above + 1 year CWE - 25 points
1 year CWE + Post sec. educ. - 13 points

So what changed or are these additional points to be added? Sorry I just need to understand this well.

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Correct me if I am wrong..

(a) 200 points, if the offer is for employment in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupation Classification; or
(b) 50 points, if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.

if you see the NOC code list there are only 6 occupations that starts with 00 which is specifically for Senior managers only.

Does this mean that not all the NOC A and O job offers will get 200 points???

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ajithj said:
No more skills transferability points for canadian work experience if the applicant only has only one post-secondary credential???
Not really. Those updates were only on sub-sub-sections (d) and (e) while (a), (b) and (c) remain unchanged.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......

BA2LAMAZ said:

So what changed? Sorry I just need to understand this well.
Nothing in terms of the points you have addressed

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017

nehasoni said:
Correct me if I am wrong..

(a) 200 points, if the offer is for employment in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupation Classification; or
(b) 50 points, if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.

if you see the NOC code list there are only 6 occupations that starts with 00 which is specifically for Senior managers only.

Does this mean that not all the NOC A and O job offers will get 200 points???

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*
That's exactly what it says

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

BA2LAMAZ said:

So what changed or are these additional points to be added? Sorry I just need to understand this well.
Not everything has changed but there are minor changes in almost each sub-section.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

dell2 said:
Those who received ITAs before Nov 19 are safe.
Right?
Yes sir ;)